Rubbish!

pompei

I was listening to this on the wireless today, someone HAD offered to clear it for free, but because they were not a 'preferred supplier' to the council they were denied. Anyway, OK so in this instance the chap has crossed a line by lumbering up a shared access with crappola, it is a free country and if you want to be surrounded by junk in your home you should be entitled (though of course you won't get many houseguests). It's an "illness", but if it doesn't harm others and gives the hoarder purpose in life, then it's not a crime. See also; Mr Trebus (left),

It's all material, and 'you can't take it with you'. I'd hate to be at a level where I couldn't throw anything away, with the thought of needing it at some day. I'm emptying out my garage, and it's like I'm being being posessed by the ghost of Edmund Trebus, I'm somehow being prevented from disposing of broken bits of plastic, etc.

GrandFatha Ted (actually, Desborough) was addicted to doing car boot sales, two a week every week all year long - and as a regular 92 year old churchgoer he tended to know a lot of wrinklies who croaked, so he helped clear their life long tat hoards and then sold them on for the church....The problem was he wold never throw anything away even if it didnt sell - in the back bedroom was a pile of 33RPM LP records as tall as me which were the most astounding shite - Andy Williams Sings Bird Songs of the Highlands to the accompaniment of a set of bagpipes - and Iron Maiden played on the Accordion.... That sort of thing.He had a maestro too which he removed the back seats out of to use as a van. An ex Yorkshire shopkeeper living and married to a Lanky shopkeeper - Kwolity Shitemeister.

what is it with the older generation and hourding stuff we have just emtied the gran parents house aswell and filled 5 skips off tat we have kept a few odds and sods but most was binned for an easy life.we also have a church in kelso which has been quoted 30k to clear as the old guy filled it with everything and anything its a shame as the old cars outside looked saveable :roll:

My dad worked with someone like the guy in the OP. He also filled his garden with junk, including a couple of derelict cars. Eventually the council were demanding it be cleared, local press involved etc and he died. Sad state of affairs, and something I always think of when a stack of Autocar & Motors prevents me from opening a door.

Having read this I think I'm affected by this problem, today my mate deciced it was time to clear the workshop up a bit. So he duly reversed our trusty Talbot pick up up to the doors and set about clearing under and over the benches,unfortunately I had to go out on a short racovery for about half an hour.As I returned I looked in the back of the pick up and started to see alsorts of bits (you know the ones that might just come in handy).As we work on Citroens there were pumps .turbos , pipes lenses. headlights etc etc.We stopped for lunch and my mate went off to his bowls game. I think I'm in for a bollocking on monday as I went through the truck and saved alot of what he had thrown in. Do I need help???

• 1 month later...

in the 1980s My Grandad (or 'Taid' in Welsh) used to live a place that could only be likened to Steptoes yard.He had sheds full of crap, everything and anything, in his garden he had untold rubbish including 2 rock old motorbikes and a wreck of an early 60's Vauxhall Cresta which hadnt moved for donkeys.eventually he remarried and moved and cleared it along with my uncles probably ordered to by his new wife!Its worrying now as a lot of my family are starting to liken me to my 'Taid' as I must admit I collect all kinds of crap and dont like seeing stuff go to waste - including cars - which is why my driveway looks like something from the set of 'Ashes to Ashes'.

Theres a old boy that lives aross the road from me who like a Mr. Trebus type.His house stands out as the only one that's not been remodernised from the others with rotten windows with closed blinds downstairs and a half hanging damaged blinds upstairs that haven't moved for at least 4 years, he has stacks of wood and bricks and other crap all down the side of the house.You often she him walking down the road with a hamp back, long raincoat and a man bag carrying crap thats he's find like wood and papers.I'd love to have a look inside his house, I can imaged it's stacked to the rafters with crap.

As some of you know I moved house last year, went from a 7 bedroom farmhouse with huge garage and 6 acres of staorage to a small 2 bedroom cottage, these are a few of the pics of the stuff I had to get rid of.it only covers about 10% of what was thrown out

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tell me you didn't just throw out the P100s! Nice LWB BTW, has it got heavy duty springs?

I did........and it has........hoping to get properly stuck into it within the month,all new lower panels, door bottoms, rear doors, side door with automatic apearing step :shock: new arches, new wings already done, more up to date 2.5 bannana and 5 speed box, then kit it out for a weekend away day van type thing.but first I have to extend the exhausts on my other Cortina P100 and refit the interior on my blue one which is going up for saleafter that I have a customers car to do and a smiley face M&S bus to convert into a camper van...and inbetween I'm helping build a house for one of my friends

Tell me you didn't just throw out the P100s! Nice LWB BTW, has it got heavy duty springs?

I did........and it has........hoping to get properly stuck into it within the month,all new lower panels, door bottoms, rear doors, side door with automatic apearing step :shock: new arches, new wings already done, more up to date 2.5 bannana and 5 speed box, then kit it out for a weekend away day van type thing.but first I have to extend the exhausts on my other Cortina P100 and refit the interior on my blue one which is going up for saleafter that I have a customers car to do and a smiley face M&S bus to convert into a camper van...and inbetween I'm helping build a house for one of my friends
That step is a minibus thing, I have never seen one on a van, as it needs part of the mechanism in the side door.Next time you chuck away a P100, chuck it in my direction!

That step is a minibus thing, I have never seen one on a van, as it needs part of the mechanism in the side door.Next time you chuck away a P100, chuck it in my direction!
Strangly enough I've got another one to go and see, Sierra style if your interested?

Also forgot to say the step came from the Radio Forth FM mk2 radio van 8) as did the rear dorrs and some other bits, the only thing I am struggling to get at a reasonable price is the windscreeen, though mine is servisable it has several chips out of it

The Mk2 winsdcreen is the same, van or chassis cab. I prefer the cortina P100 to the sierra.

I prefer the Cortina shape as well....but I just love driving them all.the problem is I cant get a cheap screen anywhere, best price I have had so far is £247.00 plus fitting :shock: