Maintenance downtime - Sunday night

tobyd

47 minutes ago, tobyd said:

Another update - 11pm Sunday (the 8th) the site will be briefly down.

Anyone still experiencing any 502s?

You know I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't seen an error message for a while now, and I used to get them regularly.

You must have banged exactly the right spot on the top of the telly, well done!

@LightBulbFun - There is an optimisation feature that tries to pre-process and 'improve' some of the site pages but it doesn't appear to be doing a great job. I'd imagine its just one snippet somewhere that it rewriting in such a way to screw over PHP. It appears to have little impact on overall performance so I've disabled it but over Christmas I might investigate further.

Glad to hear its mostly gone! - thanks for feedback.

16 minutes ago, tobyd said:

@LightBulbFun - There is an optimisation feature that tries to pre-process and 'improve' some of the site pages but it doesn't appear to be doing a great job. I'd imagine its just one snippet somewhere that it rewriting in such a way to screw over PHP. It appears to have little impact on overall performance so I've disabled it but over Christmas I might investigate further.

Glad to hear its mostly gone! - thanks for feedback.

interesting, well thanks for sorting it out :) 

but talking about issues

for some reason the thumb nail size of images from before the forum upgrade got set to 100x100 post upgrade or something like that, is that fixable at all? :) 

(we where initially told they where shrunk just due to the server still sorting itself out (indexing?) just after the upgrade but months on there still shrunk, so I suspect its a case of something got accidently set to default

its not the images themselves that got shrunk

just the thumb nails. for example if insert an existing attachment from before the software upgrade its small

post-25614-0-50119900-1546255726_thumb.jpg

but if I open that image full size in its own tab then copy the image URL back into the post it auto embeds full sized, so the actual image is fine, 

IMG_0053 2.JPG

so I wonder if its a case of just adjusting the default thumbnail size or such

(although post forum software update images are fine...)

• tobyd unpinned this topic

Since the Sunday night upgrade I seem to be getting issues with pictures on Tapatalk

ba288352867e08efa9f010c6b8df0381.jpg

It's not all photos but quite a few. Have cleared the cache and logged out and back in etc. Makes no difference.

Still got the unread issue as well. I don't have it on any other forums and didn't on this until last two upgrades.