Possible free car with some caveats

Petrolize

Free car! 

But:

-Its a scruffy Audi A3 (not particularly loved on here) with no MOT/tax

-It needs collected by 4/5pm tomorrow!  

-And I'd quite like it back in April please.

I brought this cheap Audi A3 and thought it would fly through the test, but it failed, needing £300 spent on it. Some of the stuff it failed on was more as a result of it being stood 6 months (brakes need a little work, they are imbalanced) and emissions - it wasn't actually that far out - they recon it just needs a good run.   I put it on ebay and it made £510, but the winning bidder never made contact, and on gumtree I've had 19 replies since Monday (not including todays messages), but none of them are interested in actually coming and taking it away it seems.

I am hoping to go and do a ski season shortly, just hanging around til this goes to be fair, hence asking for it to be gone by tomorrow. 

About the car:  Its a 1.9 TDI 5sp and has quite a high mileage (160,000miles), so might need some other bits and pieces along the way. That said, it does drive ok, though you can now hear the broken coil spring. No warning lights on the dash however, and stuff like the exhaust, turbo and gearbox seem fine, just 3rd gear can be a little stiff sometimes. 

I would quite like it back in April though and I should be able to collect it from wherever it may be.  If anyone takes it on and wants to put it through an MOT and use it, I dont mind paying for the work that needs done on it, but my limit would be £300 ish as thats what a local garage quoted. If you were to have it sorted by an Audi main dealer it would be a lot more (which I wouldn't want to be out of pocket for) but certainly some of the MOT failure points could be done at home even cheaper by someone competent.   I also have a pair of part worn but good winter tyres for it that I brought for £70 but never fitted.  I hope some of these points dont make me sound like I am being unreasonable so far.     If the next owner ends up selling it I'd like £250 back as thats what I've been offered by a guy who breaks these for parts and he can come tomorrow morning - I just don't really want to take such a small amount as this (Car was purchased for £450 and then spent £50 on MOT) and I'll feel bad having sent it to an early grave for no real reason.     I suppose I'm just trying to give the car a second chance really, if anyone can help? 

Located near Aviemore, Scottish Highlands.

DSC08487.JPG

DSC08488.JPG

DSC08489.JPG

1 minute ago, strangeangel said:

You want it moved from Aviemore tomorrow, then repaired and MOT'd so that you can have it back in April? I think it'll be off to the scrappers in the morning then.

Yeah I think it might well be. Seems a shame to scrap it though.  As stated I dont mind paying for an MOT if whoever takes it wants to do the work on it and have some use from it in between now and April.  Its a bit of an ask though I admit, but I've only ever scrapped one car to date and 6 years on still feel bad about it.  

I more meant for the MOT repairs I'd want to cap it at £300 as thats what I was quoted. I dont mind paying for other things along the way and buying it back at cost price. I was more aiming for someone possibly local, so it isnt far for them to come and I can just come and buy it back from them in April time.   I didnt think was too unfair as whoever took it on would have 4 months use of having a car.        

I think its easier to just phone the breaker and have it scrapped tomorrow. 

Sorry, just catching up on my own thread. I've sold it for £275 in the dark to some Polish guys. They intend to break it for parts. RIP Audi.  But I did need a quick sale

It was all a bit of an ask I admit.   Now to try and not think about the £245 pound I've literally just wasted on thin air   (It owes me £450 + MOT fee + a failed ebay auction and £20 petrol). 

I only really brought it to try and save it from being broken for spares, so at least I ended up letting it live a few weeks longer, and you never know the Polish guys who have it now might realise it deserves better - no doubt I’ll be looking up the Mot checker in a few weeks!