Collection mission. 600 miles, 10+ hours. Starting tomorrow, early.

DoctorRetro

5 minutes ago, Stanky said:

If you don't like it why not drive back, collect the Perodua and take that home, and L1 can re-draw the roffle, or gift it to someone who actually wanted to win it in the first place?

FWIW, it looks like a lovely car to me and a good example of a sadly rare car these days.

I would love a 306 in that colour.....if you would like me to have it pm me and I'll work something out with you but I thought for some reason in my head you were driving back in a ratty old yellow hood ripped phase 1 convertible.....?

If you don't like it why not drive back, collect the Perodua and take that home, and L1 can re-draw the roffle, or gift it to someone who actually wanted to win it in the first place?
FWIW, it looks like a lovely car to me and a good example of a sadly rare car these days.
This.... why not go back, you seemed to have settled with the Kelisa, if your not happy your going to fanny about for months on end trying to get back to something you were happy with....

P.s I'd have the 306, loved mine...

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

A strut brace. My Cabrio had one and I completely forgot about it. It will undoubtedly help.

As for the seats? I’m genuinely surprised you can’t get comfortable. 

If I can help with a redraw then just let me know - it may be more popular from a more central, mainline location like mine rather than deepest Essex.

Your insurer will likely have a cooling off period, think they're entitled to charge a proportional cover fee, but this would be minuscule if anything. 

Phone them and drive it back to L1 and leave in the Kelisa if you're that unsure about it, it will only cause you stress and it's the easiest point to cut your losses. It can then be redrawn to someone who wants it. 

58 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

I fucking hate this car. My back hurts so much as well as my calf. Not in a good mood...

It isn't a big car. If you've got a calf in there with you perhaps the drivers seat isn't in the optimal position due to lack of room?

Drop off the livestock and see how you get on.

At Grantham again. 

Hey, I've made my bed, I'm going to lie in it (or should I say perch gingerly on the edge of it) 

Reasons I'm not turning around and going to get the Perodua (other than pride) 

1. I'm more than halfway home, have been awake since 4.30am and could do without another 7 hours on the road. I'd probably kill myself or worse, someone else. 

2. I've already put petrol in both cars for this trip, so I'd be making quite a loss. I'd hoped to come out of this about 100 quid up, which would be nice just before Xmas. 

3. Although I loved the Kelisa, it was very small and inconvenient for family outings. I did want something larger. 

4. I'm the Doctor. 

I've managed to get the seat a bit more tolerable for motorway driving, but it is quite laid back. Not sure that would work around town. ?

If anyone has a small Asian car they want to swap, I'd definitely be interested, I'd even consider a Yaris ?

Lesson learned? Better the devil you know. 

12 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Lesson learned? Better the devil you know. 

Sell/roffle Peugeot for PROFIT.

Out of said profits buy a train ticket to Loser1's gaff.

Drive home in Perodua, forgetting all notions of forsaking the little feller ever again (until the next time).

Sorted (including a few quid for Chrimbo, most likely).

18 minutes ago, loserone said:

Once you get home, give it a month, and at the least go for a morning drive round the lanes with the roof down.  

You might hate it, how the fuck would I know, but at least then YOU will know.

Agree with this, you can't form an opinion on a convertible without dropping its knickers first. Get the roof doon 

Hope it works out for you, Panderella.  As others have suggested, flog the 306/re-roffle it, then go and get the Pernodua Tulisa back. You'd like to think whoever copped out of buying it would pay something towards your train or fuel costs.

Defo this, collection/delivery day is a bit late to be deciding that the insurance is too dear

It was me.... Dr's original plan was to drop at l1 and leave it there for roffle.

I made an offer and was meeting today but couldn't speak to my insurer till this morning. Brentacre refused point blank to insure it.

Literally sorry sir but erm it's does meet our requirements we won't touch it....

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk