Have a go in mine.....

406V6

The “I'll tell you what I fancy a drive in..” thread has been good fun. It reminded me about a few true classics and made me think about the few cars that I’d really like to drive. Among the members of this forum we’ve got representatives of about just about every old car and some moderns that we don’t talk about.  Probably no McLaren F1’s but a few Citroen DS’s.  That gives huge scope for a “swap” thread, location and insurance permitted. You can have a go in mine if I can have a go in yours.

Would any MG Metro or Citroen DS owner like to swap a ride in a BMW i3 ?

2 hours ago, 406V6 said:

The “I'll tell you what I fancy a drive in..” thread has been good fun. It reminded me about a few true classics and made me think about the few cars that I’d really like to drive. Among the members of this forum we’ve got representatives of about just about every old car and some moderns that we don’t talk about.  Probably no McLaren F1’s but a few Citroen DS’s.  That gives huge scope for a “swap” thread, location and insurance permitted. You can have a go in mine if I can have a go in yours.

Would any MG Metro or Citroen DS owner like to swap a ride in a BMW i3 ?

Yes, we have both for you to try come spring. 

23 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

If what you want is broken then come and help me fix it first!

Oh, and very much this.  

Full details available from @320touring‘s mk1 Golf thread (warning: contains scenes of strong language, violence and mild peril that some viewers may find upsetting).

There’s been talk before of doing some kind of organised rent-a-tat or swapping scheme but it’s all too complicated and serious and has too much potential for falling out so it goes away again.

It works fine at the various loosely organised meet-ups and on a ‘fancy a weekend swap / meet for coffee’ PM basis I think.

I'm only five minutes or so from 15a of the M1. If anyone wants a 20 minute blast around local roads in Mason II they are more than welcome, with sufficient notice.

I don't even need the favour reciprocated, although if you have either a large powerful barge, wonderful base spec rep mobile or an EV I'd probably be keen for a go.

At the old RRG venues I used to leave the keys in whatever I’d come up in and folks were free to just take it for a spin round the campsite. Word of mouth and everyone knew who’s car it was because the scene was quite small even if they didn’t know me personally, so the car was safe enough. That year I had the hotrod at Prescott I managed to rack up a £120 fuel bill, most of which was burned through in the campsite :D

Cheap jeep is potentially available for test drives for people who want to sample Yankee jeep waftyness and body roll.
That's currently the only thing working and legal here I can imagine anyone wanting a shot in.

I'll have to pop down to a field of dreams meet or something if people want a shot … or maybe organise a Lincs meet @ruffgeezer ?