barefoot

I'll tell you what I fancy a drive in...

Nissan Prairie MK2 (preferably with wheelchair ramp for easy loading)

Datsun Stanza (lots of glass, lots of light)

Seat Marbella (incredibly basic)

Vauxhall Signum (drinks cooler)

R20 GTL (makes a very big car look like a pretty runabout)

R20L (different to all other R20s in every way because poverty)

R30 ambulance (preferably when I'm on my way to be pronounced dead 💀- what a way to go!)

Maxi Diesel (could have saved BL)

Citroen LN (but not an LNA!)

Renault 3 (never been convinced it truly exists)

Scirocco GL Automatic (what's happened to it?)

Proton Impian (💩)

Fuego Diesel (because somebody actually bought it new!)

On 12/1/2019 at 5:41 PM, TheDoctor said:

I've been given one of those experience day vouchers recently, and I'm considering taking an R34 Skyline round a track, as it's a car I've always fancied. 

However will I regret not having a go in something older / V8? 

You will.  However, if the Skyline has been on your bucket list, do it, because you'll enjoy that too.  Don't let superfluous worries cloud your day.

17 hours ago, skattrd said:

I sold my working Sirion/Storia, so I'm down to one (currently broken). I'll try to remember to give you a shout when it's fixed.
The last time it was on a rolling road it did around 130bhp, I'll be hoping for 150+ when it's fixed.

I didn't realise that anyone had a Sirion on here. I've been looking for an early (pretty face) M101 auto, with a view to replacing my Scirocco.

But I'm curious to know if it's actually any good as 'an car' when you're not thrashing the tits off it, is the ride quality/noise/general drivability anything like acceptable?

My Sirion is not really like a normal one, so not good for comparison, it has bucket seats, hard suspension, silly exhaust etc.

Personally I think the ride of a standard Sirion is quite good, and they make decent dailies. I think the handling is good, and the 1.3 engine is cracking ... in K3-VE2 form a t least. I've not driven one with the earlier (lower powered) K3-VE or the 3-pot.
The main issue I would say is that the  body, doors etc are quite thin and flimsy, so little crash protection and in winter I did get ice on the inside of the windscreen. They can also rust like buggery.

@Joey spud has a YRV turbo, which is auto (buttons on steering wheel) , these are basically Sirions underneath,his has the 1.3 turbo motor (K3-VET).
I do think YRV are rather ugly though.

Dollywobbler had a 1l 3-pot M101 Sirion unless I'm mistaken and I think he liked it, there's probably a thread/vid around somewhere.

Just now, TheDoctor said:

I see a solution to your problem @Crackers

😂😁

If I was old enough to drive anything on my insurance then I'd do it. 

...but.... I'm not.

Also, I'm a massive tightarse, so sod driving all the way to (somewhere) and paying for temporary insurance to have a 5 minute razz about in a small shoe.

I would love to though. I get all excited every time I see a Perodua.

Ah look, the men in white coats have just arrived to take me away.