Panda Alessi: Avril Lagreen

Aston Martin

I left the airport and a woman was on her way to work through the carpark. I saw £20 and another note fly across the road. I stopped, bibbed the horn and give her the money back as I'm a fucking delightful guy.... If I turned the corner a minute later i might have only seen the money.

I got near the Jag factory and heard a rumble. Then I heard the car drive over the wheel arch.

Here were my issues, my spare tyre is a space saver and it's very small compared to the winter tyres, I have no breakdown cover and I was worried that it ripped the bumper off or something. But there's no damage and no flat tyre. I've stopped at Castleford for a break, will I make it home on the remaining fuel? I actually don't think I will.

1 hour ago, Aston Martin said:

Well.... I made it 4 minutes and the 4x4 exploded. Ripped the arch liner off. 

It appears to be fine, fuck knows what happened. 

As I've told you. Pandas always fucking know about the new new mistress.

D5539312-7C31-4FC5-B951-BFC470524FF2.jpeg

79D1374C-2222-489B-8C37-E7BA4416ED20.jpeg

That's weird. I suppose it's very windy round there (it is up here). A super-gust might have been enough to pop it off if it wasn't fully attached properly?

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

Panda axles are at least 9 years old. Later 500 axles have a built-in anti-roll bar.

(I'm not sure if anyone's used a 2012+ Panda axle.)

A couple of users on FIATForum have done so. It seems they're slightly wider and possibly more accurately manufactured?

500 springs are also softer than the Panda's so the overall result is a marginally wider rear track, better ride and handling with improved roll control

12 minutes ago, rmjbn1 said:

A couple of users on FIATForum have done so. It seems they're slightly wider and possibly more accurately manufactured?

500 springs are also softer than the Panda's so the overall result is a marginally wider rear track, better ride and handling with improved roll control

My orange one has the same setup, so I know it works fine. It might be an issue if you run 14"s though.

Some argue you have to use Panda shocks or springs or use double bump stops, I haven't, mine is all 500 rear end.

• 3 weeks later...

The axle has been in the back of the 4x4 for about 3 weeks. 

ForFiatsSake collected it and I collected it from him. "I've never seen drums this clean"

The 500 had done 3367 Miles, so it's immaculate. However, we put the axle in the 4x4. It takes up both rear seats and the passenger seat. So I can't really see when I look left and I can't get it out of the car myself as it's too heavy and everyone is on lockdown so I can't get the bastard out.

• 4 months later...