Panda Alessi: Avril Lagreen

Aston Martin

The best/worst plan is to drive the Tangerine Dream with supplies to Jersey, stay for 2 days and drive Tic and Tac back.

John the maniac.... Has the last week of March/first week of April off......

... I have the last week of March's and the first week of April off.

The axle will be an Ebay job, everything will be an eBay job. Upullit hasn't had a panda in 3 months. 

3 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

The axle will be an Ebay job, everything will be an eBay job. Upullit hasn't had a panda in 3 months. 

This gang in Guernsey reckon they’re stripping a 500 at the moment (not the one in the pics), they’re on Facebook if you want to tap them up? Wonder if they could stick it on the ferry 

5A2B585A-5C70-4577-9CFA-F7BF4F0949BE.thumb.png.4f3f353f75244f2d0e9199fceb64c7c9.png

57 minutes ago, mk2_craig said:

This gang in Guernsey reckon they’re stripping a 500 at the moment (not the one in the pics), they’re on Facebook if you want to tap them up? Wonder if they could stick it on the ferry 

5A2B585A-5C70-4577-9CFA-F7BF4F0949BE.thumb.png.4f3f353f75244f2d0e9199fceb64c7c9.png

Thanks.... But I have my heart set on the stupid Alessi Adventure of 2020. ?

Plus I'd rather have a 2015+ version, I'm not sure if there's any revisions. But that's what the orange one has.

It’s Condor Ferries, regardless of whether you board on the English south coast and travel via Guernsey, or Channel Tunnel it to France then whip down to St Malo and get a (quicker) boat from there. 

For the real masochists, there’s a slow crossing out of Portsmouth that takes something like nine hours to get into Jersey, as opposed to the fast service which is closer to four. 

1 hour ago, Kiltox said:

What transport links are there to Jersey ferry wise? I’m tempted to buy a cheap Panda for March/April and come and film this adventure ? 

You can fly from Manchester, Liverpool, East Midlands etc. Last year Flybe used to do Doncaster, but I think they stopped that?

I'm flying from Liverpool for an extortionate £31.98 return. No allocated seating or luggage, but it's an hour and 10 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 7:50 PM, Ian_Fearn said:

My thoughts are: fly to island in the channel, fix Alessi, drive to Pandino for the Panda 40th anniversary event, be a HERO.

I need Pandarino first. That was the plan this year, instead I got this.

It's raining all day Sunday, so that's fun. ?

1E607489-3C8B-4A30-BBF9-0A5D667A8BA7.jpeg

I just got through security and didn't have to go through the xray like everyone else as I can fucking read signs...

I took the 4x4, because the orange Alessi would fuck me and the 4x4 has Carplay.

I did 70-75, which is 67-69 MPH and 125 miles of mainly motorway.  Half a tank used. I need to fill up when I get home because it's a stupid car.

4 minutes ago, mrbenn said:

Thats brilliant. Absolutely first class!

Rear belt arrangement is interesting.

Hes alot brighter than I imagined and there's nothing wrong. The steering wheel has gone manky and it may or may not need a seat swap. But I have those spare already.

The clutch is heavy, but I'm shocked at the lack of rust. They don't use salt and it shows.

OK, the rear seatbelt? Added at the dealer... All Alessis are 4 seaters. This isn't.