Date of last V5C (logbook) issued.. New?

Scotball

If you do a dvla vehicle information check online I've noticed it gives you slightly more information than before? (Or maybe it's always been and I've never noticed) 

There's a revenue weight category and the last V5C issued date which is useful to see how long someone has had the car for.. 

Is this a new thing they've added? I can't remember seeing it before...

_20191125_115210.JPG

4 hours ago, Scotball said:

If you do a dvla vehicle information check online I've noticed it gives you slightly more information than before? (Or maybe it's always been and I've never noticed) 

There's a revenue weight category and the last V5C issued date which is useful to see how long someone has had the car for.. 

Is this a new thing they've added? I can't remember seeing it before...

_20191125_115210.JPG

aye as mentioned you can see some discussion about it here :) 

https://autoshite.com/topic/32723-invacar-model-70-acquired-and-general-ramble-thread-index-on-page-1-phase-2-finding-a-suitable-driving-schoolinstructor-getting-lessons-and-a-licence-10th-lesson-had/?do=findComment&comment=1916695

technically its not new, but before the update, you could only see it with the 11 digit V5 number, now they are seemingly letting anyone see the date of last v5 issued :) 

the revenue weight entry has always been there, on the desktop at least, but its a bit hit and miss as to what vehicles it wants to display that info for

for example my Invacar Model 70 REV451R shows a revenue weight of 413Kg on the V5, but it does not show up on the DVLA checker (or any other 3rd party tool)

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

Site isn’t working. Typical!!!

am I the only person it works for? LOL (a couple other shitters have also mentioned it not working for them)

I have found that since the update that I do get the odd "sorry down for maintance" screen pop up, but clicking back to get back to the enter reg number page, tends to kick it ino gear for me :)

and try this direct link :) https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

Changing the tax class from PLG to historic will also trigger a new V5. If you look at our Maxi, the last V5 date is in 2018, when it became a historic vehicle almost two years after purchase. It's interesting when a new V5 was issued long after the tax expired, meaning the vehicle must have still existed on that later date.

I've also noticed that for imported/ex military etc. vehicles there are now two fields relating to registration in addition to the year of manufacture: 'date of first registration' now shows when it was registered in its country of origin, while the new field 'date of first registration with DVLA' shows when it was registered in the UK.

2 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

Changing the tax class from PLG to historic will also trigger a new V5. If you look at our Maxi, the last V5 date is in 2018, when it became a historic vehicle almost two years after purchase. It's interesting when a new V5 was issued long after the tax expired, meaning the vehicle must have still existed on that later date.

I've also noticed that for imported/ex military etc. vehicles there are now two fields relating to registration in addition to the year of manufacture: 'date of first registration' now shows when it was registered in its country of origin, while the new field 'date of first registration with DVLA' shows when it was registered in the UK.

I also noticed that the "vehicle status" is now directly copied from the red or green vehicle tax box

before it had its own slightly different wording, and not taxed for on road use vehicles would actually sometimes show "taxed" or "not taxed" in the vehicle status line, now it just says "not taxed for on road use" in vehicle status as well

as for the "first registered" with the DVLA thing, I actually noticed that a few weeks ago before the update, when I for giggles stuck F1 into the reg checker

(as F1 is the first Essex registration number)

and It came back as a bugatti with the whole "first registered with the DVLA" thing

also not sure how a vehicle can have both an export marker and be taxed at the same time!

image.thumb.png.9cb09f08f6d150e179359b6cdd4b4f60.png

although just checking now I noticed G501ATL the might Dacia says it too, when Im pretty sure it didn't say it before hand

so maybe they expanded what vehicles got it, or maybe it was a change that was implemented recently, but before the rest of the changes who knows!

• 2 months later...

What's the oldest date of last issue?

Was this updated when they changed from V5 to V5C? Wasn't there another (more recent) update from include last keeper details to no last keeper details? Maybe this last one is just as new logbooks are issued.

Must be updated on change of address as I have had Yoko since 1980. ;) DVLA says:-

Date of last V5C (logbook) issued
9 July 2014

1 minute ago, keef said:

Was this updated when they changed from V5 to V5C? Wasn't there another (more recent) update from include last keeper details to no last keeper details? Maybe this last one is just as new logbooks are issued.

Generally around 2012, when the short-lived blue V5s were all replaced with the red ones (all the cars I have owned since before then have a 2012 date for last issue).  Whilst V5s issued after GDPR was introduced in 2018(?) don't show last owner details, there wasn't a universal replacement of existing documents.

2 minutes ago, BeEP said:

Generally around 2012, when the short-lived blue V5s were all replaced with the red ones (all the cars I have owned since before then have a 2012 date for last issue).  Whilst V5s issued after GDPR was introduced in 2018(?) don't show last owner details, there wasn't a universal replacement of existing documents.

That makes sense as just had a post claiming vehicle had been sat since 2002 and yet DVLA says last update 2012.

2 hours ago, keef said:

Must be updated on change of address as I have had Yoko since 1980. ;) DVLA says:-

Date of last V5C (logbook) issued
9 July 2014

oldest I have seen is 1979ish

like on this Miller conversion tippen delta 

image.png

its worth noting that it always says "v5c" regardless of if the date was before the introduction of the V5c and the vehicle just had a v5

the v5c was just an update of the V5 to comply with some EU stuff IIRC!

55 minutes ago, keef said:

Are interesting. That suggests they didn't send out V5s to vehicles that weren't somehow "active". Presumbly taxed and/or MOTd?

indeed, I do wonder what would dictate a vehicle getting an updated V5/V5c issued and what would dictate an updated V5/V5c not being issued

I know for example REV, was acquired by her last owner in Y2K and he got a V5 then of course, then in 2012 he got a Red V5c, he didn't change any details or anything, he said he just got sent one by the DVLA

for what its worth I know REV was SORN then

im guessing as you say, they only issued updated V5C's to vehicles the DVLA thought were still active/alive

so im guessing a vehicle was untaxed for a certain amount of time or longer they didn't bother