Travelling for shite

Bren

Lots of road trips on here to collect shite.

Am I the only one finding you have to travel to get something decent?

I live in Warrington - had to travel to brum to get our passat. Seen a nice V70 - it's in Llanelli though.

I would have thought living in a populated area it would have been rich pickings - not the case though.

I think it depends on how fussy and/or specific your requirements are. For example, if I really want an early Mini-Metro with a paprika interior and factory mud-flaps, I know I'll have to travel. If I just want '£750 car-with-MOT', I can find it locally.

Most of my friends and family think I'm completely mad when I tell them how far away my next potential purchase is...   

Of the cars I currently own, 2 of 4 have come from Scotland and the one I’ve just sold is going there. 

I know we aren’t what’s generally seen as normal people on here but travelling decent distances to collect a car are some of the best days of my life, major events notwithstanding 

9 hours ago, Bren said:

Lots of road trips on here to collect shite.

Am I the only one finding you have to travel to get something decent?

I live in Warrington - had to travel to brum to get our passat. Seen a nice V70 - it's in Llanelli though.

I would have thought living in a populated area it would have been rich pickings - not the case though.

I live in Scotland, every nice car is basically in France