Travelling for shite

Bren

Lots of road trips on here to collect shite.

Am I the only one finding you have to travel to get something decent?

I live in Warrington - had to travel to brum to get our passat. Seen a nice V70 - it's in Llanelli though.

I would have thought living in a populated area it would have been rich pickings - not the case though.

Travel anyway, even if it's to buy a shit example of a terrible car. 

Travel broadens the mind and you only really learn things from making terrible terrible mistakes. 

Go as far as you can to be disappointed and then you'll know not to next time. 

I think it depends on how fussy and/or specific your requirements are. For example, if I really want an early Mini-Metro with a paprika interior and factory mud-flaps, I know I'll have to travel. If I just want '£750 car-with-MOT', I can find it locally.

Most of my friends and family think I'm completely mad when I tell them how far away my next potential purchase is...   

Of the cars I currently own, 2 of 4 have come from Scotland and the one I’ve just sold is going there. 

I know we aren’t what’s generally seen as normal people on here but travelling decent distances to collect a car are some of the best days of my life, major events notwithstanding 

9 hours ago, Bren said:

Lots of road trips on here to collect shite.

Am I the only one finding you have to travel to get something decent?

I live in Warrington - had to travel to brum to get our passat. Seen a nice V70 - it's in Llanelli though.

I would have thought living in a populated area it would have been rich pickings - not the case though.

I live in Scotland, every nice car is basically in France