New shitter. 1982 Citroen VISA.

Lankytim

3 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

^^^ Fantastic news!!! :-)

Really pleased this one is safe. There are only four of these in the UK - the Visa II with the satellite pods. We have one but not sure who owns the others.

You might find the Citroen Visa Forum useful. Mike Harker who is the Moderator is a fount of knowledge and is happy to share it. He has posted up the parts books, user manuals etc. and is also 'in the know' about various caches of spares. He is a busy chap these days so not always quick to reply, but the quality of his help is worth the wait.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/visaforum/

Can I add that to the "can I have a go one day" list?

Have only driven one Visa and it was a real shed of a late one...I always reckoned the earlier cars like this were probably the way they were really meant to be.

14 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Slightly blurred, and in the first photos the firemen had stopped to evacuate us from the gite, the engine behind was about to start spraying the roof with water and the car was already covered in red fire retardant spots dropped from planes. I was 11 it was quite scary.

Reminds me of one of my employees years ago. Went on holiday to the S. of France, dry summer - barbeques banned - had a bbq - set a whole French hillside on fire and got arrested...he was consequently late back at work...other problems over the years included falling out a tree, falling out of his loft, setting himself on fire and getting done by the police for driving the wrong way up a 1-way street (a police car was coming the other way). Anyway...

If anyone needs specific Visa parts let me know - there are still plenty in barns in France and spares about.

48 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

When its running we'll have to have a race. I'll wipe the fucking floor with you utilising my extra 12hp but it will be nice to win a race in Meg. 

Oh, be careful some of us twin pots have 60 bhp brothers!

Challenge little brother and the big brothers will come out!

_1050407 broad.jpg

On 11/20/2019 at 9:08 PM, Lankytim said:

Yesterday was one of those times and I spotted a little Visa for sale very locally.

Back in 2018 the Visas had a party to celebrate their 40th Birthday and were sorry you could not be there, but at the time you were just a photo in an archive!

We had some commemorative thermo mugs and keyrings made and I have them for you whether you like it or not!

Lankytim just pm me your address and they will come to you FOC along with a Visa 30th china mug from 2008.

P1070619 broad.jpg

IMG_20191121_164910 broad.jpg

1 hour ago, barrett said:

Does anyone know what happened to my old twin pot pignose Visa? That's the one car I'd love to have back.

Really looking forward to some gratuitous post-clean up shotabof this beige bomber, Tim. Possibly more than I should be.

What was the registration number? If it still exists, it will probably be known to the Citroen Visa Forum.

1 hour ago, barrett said:

Does anyone know what happened to my old twin pot pignose Visa? That's the one car I'd love to have back.

Really looking forward to some gratuitous post-clean up shotabof this beige bomber, Tim. Possibly more than I should be.

I did see it for sale again about a year ago I think, can't remember where though. As you were.