Which is the keeper Saab? Decision made.

Saabnut

I am talking modern* Saabs here.

Last year, my faithful 9-3 SW TiD auto in black decided it wanted some TLC and some cash throwing at it. After 8 years ownership I decided it was worth it, despite it being the longest I have ever owned an everyday car. Whilst pricing up bits for it, I was offered a much better example, with half the miles also a SW Tid Auto in black for less than the predicted spares spend. I bought that, put a test on it and over the last few months covered 4k miles, trouble free apart from the rear box falling off the exhaust. It left the decision what to do with the old one, but on the grounds it was not eating anything, I just parked it up.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, and I bought a 9-5 TiD SW manual in silver from @cpjitservices of this parish. It has many miles and many warning lights but despite my Saab owning history I had not had a 9-5. The intention was to do a few miles in it then sell it on. BUT the 9-5 has been remapped so goes like a feline dipped in more than warm water and I really like it as a mile mucher. This left the decision which one to keep, the newer, tidier lower mileage 9-3 or the silly 9-5. Keeping both was silly as they are far too much alike to warrent the extra costs of two. I did my usual instant* decision making and ran both for the last month or so, using whichever had the most fuel in or was nearer the back and pondered. After a month no decision had been made. Neither has been advertised nor offered for sale.

This morning, out of the blue, a friend phoned to say a friend of his was looking for a car, did I have anything as his friend was visiting later on. Just after lunch they arrived, I offered both and as he is not mechanically minded preferred the 9-3. A quick discussion, a fair price to both parties was agreed and off it went. So, I am keeping the 9-5 and have a parking space back which is lucky as there are 3 more cars arriving in the next month!

Of course, I am now thinking about resurrecting the old 9-3..........