Saturday generic international repatriation* collection thread

Lacquer Peel

Yes this has always been on apparently though as you say no lambda sensor on the diesels so is essentially the engine management light however runs and drives fine. Not in limp mode etc and got plenty of grunt....not sure if you've given it a boot yet....

What do you think about the idle? Is it a tad high? 950rpm

It doesn't feel as perky as my S70 TDI but that might be down to the wheels in the boot and extra metalwork. It goes well enough.

The idle is set by the ECU and matches the S70's.

fa947c932465612e9cda9ec835e7a328.jpg

20191117_122432.thumb.jpg.927388f0ed291be2f39facf835068438.jpgI have found an interior trim piece from the volvo (it's a slide on bit that goes over the end of one of the seat rails (passenger side as had that out to wetvac it) and I also have a genuine Volvo petrol flap spring too (brand new) as I originally bought that for my XC90 when I had that and it turned out that it was  not the spring, but the plastic bit on the inside of the flap. I never returned it as I misplaced the reciept so you can have it if you want.....pm me your address or whatever,

Cheers,

James

6 hours ago, loserone said:

We're kicking about Dalbeattie today but not sure I'll blag dragging the whole family back to the motorway to look at a leaky old car in a petrol station.

Bon voyage!

We are heading that way on Wednesday..

Oh no! In all the time I had it I never had the fuel gauge drop below 2/3's not because I knew the range/gauge didnt tally but because both myself and my 6 year old daughter felt there was something novel about going out into the street and pouring veg straight down the filler. She would help me and hold the funnel. Where are you now?

Head for the world foods aisle in tesco for the big 5 litre containers of veg oil....£3.50 iirc, 95 quid peugeot buys the same stuff too. 

Oh no! In all the time I had it I never had the fuel gauge drop below 2/3's not because I knew the range/gauge didnt tally but because both myself and my 6 year old daughter felt there was something novel about going out into the street and pouring veg straight down the filler. She would help me and hold the funnel. Where are you now?

Head for the world foods aisle in tesco for the big 5 litre containers of veg oil....£3.50 iirc, 95 quid peugeot buys the same stuff too. 

I made it to about 15 miles south of Glasgow, put a few litres of waste veg in to get me to a filling station. It's my own fault for trusting a 23 year old trip computer.

I put some diesel in it because the cold starts on 100% veg are gruelling. I feel bad for the starter motor!

Made it home okay.

IMG-20191118-151158.jpg

I had a look at the leaking fuel pump today, it looks like it's leaking from the top cover which isn't so bad as you don't risk ruining the pump by removing just that.

It has a weird anti-tamper triangle bolt though, any ideas? I see sets of triangle sockets on eBay but don't want to pay £20 for 1 I need and 4 I don't need.

27cacbb0efe2426b4e26881e7a419e61.jpg