Saturday generic international repatriation* collection thread

Lacquer Peel

2 hours ago, Skizzer said:

Bombardier Q400 I think?  

Yes, plane shite.  Although apparently turboprops are more economical than jets so are making a comeback.  You’re our very own Greta Thunberg.

I flew in one for about an  hour, seems like most of the energy burned by them is devoted to creating noise in the cabin, silent they are not. 

8 minutes ago, Wingz123 said:

Cramped they are though, I flew in one from Birmingham to Edinburgh....6ft 5 wedged in against the window, was not comfortable in the slightest!

My journey was the exact opposite,  Edinburgh to Birmingham, couldn't hear the flight announcements even though the flight attendant was just a couple of rows in front  and using the PA system. 

Enjoy the flight and collection LP. Chodspeed.

52 minutes ago, Lacquer Peel said:

I got an Airbus A320 in the end. It was a bit tight inside.
It was good to meet Wingz, and thanks for the bits. I made it to the overnight stay okay, the EML light is on (the L for Lambda light) but it goes well enough.

Oh is it a Volvo of some sort... Not sure what else has a Lambada light. 

49 minutes ago, Lacquer Peel said:

Lambda Sond light but no Lambda Sond as diesel.

Yes this has always been on apparently though as you say no lambda sensor on the diesels so is essentially the engine management light however runs and drives fine. Not in limp mode etc and got plenty of grunt....not sure if you've given it a boot yet....

What do you think about the idle? Is it a tad high? 950rpm