The return of Morris!

brownnova

12 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

I wonder if it shares any tech, or even the whole platform, with the LEVC TX electric taxi?  If it does, that would certainly save a lot of development and research cash.  

Apparently the Morris is a completely new design, but LEVC do also have a van version of their electric taxi planned.

More details on the Autocar website:

Autocar link

19 hours ago, vulgalour said:

I wonder if it shares any tech, or even the whole platform, with the LEVC TX electric taxi?  If it does, that would certainly save a lot of development and research cash.  I assume the buyers of said vehicle will be those looking for a distinctive promotional vehicle, I could well see Harrods and the like getting them for city deliveries.

Or even  car Artists ?

https://zzreally.en.made-in-china.com/product/cjynhmZDLKki/China-VIP-Shop-Retro-Style-Citroen-Vans-Electric-Food-Tuk-Tuk-Food-Truck-for-Sale.html

ZHENGZHOU REALLY IMP. & EXP. CO., LTD

Product name    Citroen HY vans
Engine/Power    Electric Power & No power /4000W

ezgif-2-7bd0e3e8c8b1.jpg

Yes I think so.  Having a fancy looking ZE van would be a big selling point for a lot of businesses, and I don't just mean the ones in London.

I know there is theoretically the Nissan EV100 or whatever it's called, at likely a lot less, but they've only teensy batteries since they are an early leaf in a van body

3 hours ago, captain_70s said:

I mean, it looks alright, but at that price will anybody actually buy one?

If you see the hyper-inflated Citroen HA vans that artisan hipsters splash out on, yes.  Because green credentials.  Hey Presto!  Planet saved.

12 hours ago, captain_70s said:

I mean, it looks alright, but at that price will anybody actually buy one?

Depends what they're after; it's about twice the price of a eKangoo but the battery is about twice as big so the usable range should be about double, so it's swings and roundabouts. The cost of financing one will be the critical issue, if they can knock them out at a reasonable monthly rate then they should go like hotcakes.