Fine dining in Volvoland - a new sequel!

eddyramrod

Boss and I are having Christmas this year in Inverness.  We are putting in an overnight stop each way, which means there will be an opportunity to meet up with some local Shiters at Cumbernauld, where we are stopping at the Premier Inn.

Northbound leg: Sunday Dec 22nd.

Southbound: Friday 27th.

I haven't checked, but experience suggests there will be an entirely adequate restaurant adjacent to the hotel.  I've already alerted AndyCMS to the prospect as we intend to conduct a diecast exchange.  Anyone else want to show up?  It won't matter if we've eaten and retired to our room, I can soon step out again.  I can't offer timings because I can't say how long we will be on the road each day.  That A9 is murrrrrrrrrrder.

ETA: we will be using the Motability bus rather than one of the Shite cars.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2019 at 10:06 AM, davehedgehog31 said:

Up for that, there's a Beefeater place at your hotel although I don't know if it's the cheapest. Failing that there are a few other pub type places with ample parking in the Cumbernauld area.

Excellent.  Beside the hotel is ideal, we tend to choose by convenience when we've been on the road all day.

We will probably be dining some time between 5-6pm, which I recognise won't be suitable for everyone.  Feel free to waddle into the hotel itself and ask for Mr Rafter though!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to confirm: the plan is as outlined above.  Don't worry about making the dining, we realise that if we're actually there, we're likely to be a bit early for many people.  Do feel free to stroll up to the Premier Inn reception a bit later and ask for Mr Rafter. 

On 12/22/2019 at 6:28 PM, cms206 said:

I think we're planning on appearing between 7 and 7.30ish - that okay?

Absolutely!  There's no real timetable, it's a very slack event.

23 hours ago, davidfowler2000 said:

I plan to be there about 7:30ish for tea and chat. I'll be heading for pez beforehand so if I'm a tad late, I won't be far away.

Late doesn't matter, we'll just be pleased to see you.

What a splendid evening that was!  Mr Fowler, the Brothers Touring and the family CMS, and lil' ol' me.  We made quite a riot in the pub car park, I can tell you.  Oh and: diecast exchange accomplished too.  All in all, a very jolly time.

Right, now let's do it all again on Friday!

Cumbernauld achieved!  Accident on the A9S, south of Perth, meant a closure and diversion, but that's ok.  We got here.

Now then: tonight!  We're not dining-in tonight, we thought we'd grab a Subway as it's convenient, then when Shiters start arriving I'll skip across and join whoever's here.  Reception is already primed for people asking for me so don't be shy.

Vote of thanks to Mr Fowler for confirming the location for you all.