Glasgow Sebring Collection - Wednesday food eaten and car collected.

Six-cylinder

19 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Time to arrange collection and I am thinking Wednesday 13th Nov. My plan at the moment is to come up early by train and drive straight home. However if anybody was up for a bite to eat Wednesday night I would stay over in a hotel and make a trip of it?

I would be up for this depending on what time was suitable?

21 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

If I was staying over I would catch the next cheaper train that would get me into Glasgow 3:15pm, get the car, book into my hotel and then any time you are ready.

Ok I'll give the other Scotoshiters a shout too? I might not make it till about half 7 though as I am working later that day. Is that too late?

Option 1 – Wednesday 13th Nov I get Mrs6C to give me a lift to Milton Keynes station before she goes to work in London to catch the 6:15 am train to Glasgow Central arriving 10:38 am, I get a taxi to the car and drive home.

Option 2 - Wednesday 13th Nov I get a friend to give me a lift to Milton Keynes station to catch the 10:13 am train to Glasgow arriving 3:15 pm, I get a taxi/lift to the car and drive to my hotel. I then have dinner with a shiter or two and retire to my hotel. Thursday I drive my new car home.

Option 3 - I get a shiter to collect the Sebring from the garage I am buying it from next week and store it until 27th Nov Scottish regular get together. It is MOTed, I will tax it and while my insurance won’t cover you, it will show up as an insured car on the database. I will then train up for the 27th Nov collect the car, join the evening gathering, stay in a hotel and drive home the next day.

I have reached out to the Scotoshite and potentially a few of us can meet you somewhere in or near Glasgow on Weds Eve for a bite to eat, if you choose option 2.

Is your hotel actually in Kelvinbridge or elsewhere in Glasgow?

Should you be so inclined, you can walk from Central Station to Buchanan Street Subway and get a shot on Glasgow's Clockwork Orange. There is a station right at Kelvinbridge.

I work in Glasgow and I would have met you off the train in Central but Wednesday is literally the only day that I have meetings and work on before my last day on the 20th! 

My uni was near Kelvinbridge so I know the area reasonably well.

3 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

This one is slightly out of town but would mean you'd be straight on the motorway in the morning?

Premier Inn Glasgow Stepps (M80, J3) hotel

Cumbernauld Rd, Stepps, Glasgow G33 6HN
0333 003 1672

https://g.co/kgs/dWJ1kQ

If you chose that one Chris you could follow me to it - it's just down the road from me.

There is a Brewers Fayre right next door. Alternatively, just along the motorway at the next junction is Milanos Italian? It has a big car park and should be easy for most to get to/find.

Mr 320T may know better places though as I am a bit of a philistine when it comes to food!

Decision made, Wednesday is on..........

Lift to station arranged √

Train ticket booked √

Seller in agreement for me to collect Wed pm √

Premier Inn Stepps booked √

I would like to make the dinner venue the Brewers Fayre

Cumbernauld Road, Stepps, Glasgow, G33 6LE

If we could do numbers I will book a table for 7.30pm.

We now have another non Shiter joining us who lives near Stirling, I have know him for years and he is often very rude about my choice in cars and particularly my Citroen Visas!

Steve loves cars including yanks. He offered me a 4th option of him collecting the Sebring, storing it and bringing it south in a months time, but by then I was already looking forward to the impromptu Shiters meet up so instead he will join us.

Steve has been very generous to me in the past with loaning me some great cars and says if the weather is ok he will bring his 1998 Camaro along.

53578822_10156040467632724_1309985443554525184_n.jpg