Glasgow Sebring Collection - Wednesday food eaten and car collected.

Six-cylinder

Mrs6C used to rent Chrysler Sebrings in the US  and we have spotted one for sale in Glasgow we like the look of. Is anybody able to go and have a wee peep at it for us please?

I have looked at a few others and they do seem to deteriorate quite badly and that does not always show up in photos.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-lhd-chrysler-sebring-convertible/113949456457?hash=item1a87eab849:g:PRIAAOSwY-NdwE3F

Sebring 01.jpg

I have rented Sebrings a few times.

Highlights?

"Sleeping" out in Death Valley, top down and watching for "the lights", in the middle of the salt flats, drinking Sierra Nevada pale ale till dawn.

Driving, standing on the seat like a charioteer, one foot steering, down the dirt roads to Bodie. (cruise control!)

Trying really, really hard to keep up with a 944, down the mountain roads, somewhere near San Jose.

Much, much,  better  than contemporary rental Mustangs, not to mention the fuck-awful Mitsubishi Eclipse that Budget fobbed me off with once. 

Not sure how the whole experience would translate to England, but  good luck with the search for a good one..........

On 11/8/2019 at 3:26 PM, Six-cylinder said:

We did 11,000 miles in 6 weeks in this rented one.

Sebring 2002 on route 66.jpg

I had one in 2005 too!  Chicago to Chicago, via Niagara Falls, North Carolina, and several other stops along the way.  3600 miles in two weeks, and I ran it out of petrol on the way back to the rental shop.  Had to get pushed by a passing Chevy van!  At the time I had my 1990 leBaron V6 back home and wanted this as a comparison; I was most disappointed to find it only had a 2.4 litre 4-pot but truth to tell, it was actually fine for the trip.

Good luck!

14 minutes ago, Asimo said:

I have rented Sebrings a few times.

Highlights?

Trying really, really hard to keep up with a 944, down the mountain roads, somewhere near San Jose.

Aye, they do go round corners much better than I expected.  They don't "handle" as such, and there is zero feedback through the steering, but they do cling on well.  I had great fun chasing down a local lad in an Integra Type R down a particularly twisty section of the PCH.

I think I know the bloke selling this, although I haven't seen him in years. Works out that wee garage off Great Western Rd at Kelvinbridge.
If it is who I think it is (& the Ebay username suggests it is) I'd imagine it's an OK car for the money. He loves his Yank stuff, the pick-up in one of the shots I suspect is his and he's had a variety of Yank iron from a Chevy Dayvan to an old Ghostbusters era Cadillac hearse.

This is Autoshite at its finest, this morning @320touring checked over the car for me and could not find any reason not to buy it so a deal was struck with the seller.

A big thanks to 320touring.

I have now moved further coverage of the car to Six-cylinders Motoring notes as it is now going to be part of the fleet.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:36 PM, Spiny Norman said:

I think I know the bloke selling this, although I haven't seen him in years. Works out that wee garage off Great Western Rd at Kelvinbridge.
If it is who I think it is (& the Ebay username suggests it is) I'd imagine it's an OK car for the money. He loves his Yank stuff, the pick-up in one of the shots I suspect is his and he's had a variety of Yank iron from a Chevy Dayvan to an old Ghostbusters era Cadillac hearse.

The wee scruffy one behind the guitar shop? He did a couple of jobs on my Austin Princess and once “MOT’d” my Raleigh RM4 without even looking at it