Velocity and Satisfaction - The AS Vel Satis.

BorniteIdentity

3 hours ago, barefoot said:

I am in on Friday, but the wife is having her hair done.

Do you mind awfully if I wear shoes to collect? It’s November now, and I’m also too lazy to shave my toes. 

Thanks in advance. See u Friday. 

Picking this up on the morrow.

Has anyone EVER managed to slide a Vel Satis onto a classic policy? I appreciate it's not a Fuego or '30 Isis Edition' but they're rare and - well - err - you can get a Raver 75 on one!

It's not coming in particularly expensive (£300 with 0 ncb) but I'm a mingebag and I'm never going to benefit from ANOTHER year of NCB!  (I already have two proper policies running!)

Bornite should be on the train about now, so in readiness, I have prepared what can best be described as the ultimate picnic for his relaxing journey home.

P1140580.thumb.JPG.d423a9f11e1de7f4dfadd84d5cc82492.JPG

A pork pie, an apple & a bag of crisps. Traditionally round here, this should come with a can of 'Shandy Bass' but it's horribly sweet & the shop had none this morning.

For anyone that cares, a Mellton Mowbray (or anywhere else in Leicestershire) pork pie differs from others in that it has no added preservative - salt petre - which allows the pork to turn to a natural grey rather than remaining bright pink for all eternity. 

7 minutes ago, barefoot said:

Bornite should be on the train about now, so in readiness, I have prepared what can best be described as the ultimate picnic for his relaxing journey home.

P1140580.thumb.JPG.d423a9f11e1de7f4dfadd84d5cc82492.JPG

A pork pie, an apple & a bag of crisps. Traditionally round here, this should come with a can of 'Shandy Bass' but it's horribly sweet & the shop had none this morning.

For anyone that cares, a Mellton Mowbray (or anywhere else in Leicestershire) pork pie differs from others in that it has no added preservative - salt petre - which allows the pork to turn to a natural grey rather than remaining bright pink for all eternity. 

God bless you. 

I’m now on an incredibly modern class 700 electric unit heading towards Peterborough. Hopefully my East Mids service won’t be affected by the flooding! 

I’ve collected quite a bit of old shite via platform 7 at PBO over the years. The first one was that Volvo 340 I bought for £80. From memory it came from Newark; I still remember sitting next to an old giffer all the way there who kept calling it Nodddinghumm with 3 Ds! More irritating than folks and their superfluous G in Brexit! 

Then there was the 343 that I bought; funnily enough the day after the Brexit vote. 

Come to think of it, that might be it - but I’m sure there are more. 

736A5793-EE25-45FE-95C5-60C89C8E40F4.thumb.jpeg.37fbd3ed4c16e8b7bfa37c9337e13439.jpeg

Insurance hasn’t worked out perfectly for this. I’m happy enough having 6 on the go at once, but three proper comprehensive policies is irritating rather than crippling. 

Looking forward to meeting Barefoot and his Scirocco! 

4 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

That bloke with the flat cap looks like he's about to pull a live pigeon out of his bag and eat it.

He was utterly terrifying. I worked in Peterborough for 3 years so am totally used to it. People complain about the influx of Eastern European’s to the area, but they’re lovely - go to work - wash daily and smile when you walk pass. It’s the natives you have to watch ? 

Home. Completely uneventful, apart from I stuck it in reverse and stalled.  Mostly because I’d put it in 6th. Otherwise no lights, no maintenance pauses and no malodies. 

It’s the most comfortable car I’ve ever owned. It’s the cheapest car I’ve ever owned. It’s hideous to look at (seriously, I’d rather climb inside Gemma Collins) but I quite like it. 

Thanks to Barefoot for the ride in the period correct Scirocco and for the excellent luncheon, and to Loserone for the ticket. 

I’m now off to clean it!