Velocity and Satisfaction - The AS Vel Satis.

BorniteIdentity

That Nissan Vel Shartis looks very tempting; I think at £5/600 you run it for as long as possible and then take a view when something snaps. If you love it then you fix it, if not there’s a guy on FB who buys them for spares.

All the foibles are now documented, and they’re all able to be remedied if you have the means. 

20 hours ago, Fat_Pirate said:

"Convertables" is not filling me with confidence.  I too am suffering the bad wants for some 'Satis action though.

s-l1600.jpg

This car has lived round the corner from my ex wife's place for at least a decade. Its always appeared  to be relatively well looked after. After owning it for such a long period.. he might have fancied a change.. or he could have bailed out before he chanced his luck any longer! 

To be fair - crap spelling aside, the garage which it's being sold has got a tidy enough reputation. If anybody is genuinely interested in it - ask to speak to George Lloyd, hes the owner of the joint and is an amiable chap. ? 

I've now done 500 miles in this and it's absolutely shamazing.  Genuinely, it's the most comfortable car I've ever been in - never mind owned.  I imagine a brand new one would have been an utterly sublime proposition 15 years ago.

The odour bomb went off amazingly and has completely cured the strange smell (I will try to piece the video together later tonight).

It's literally doing everything perfectly.  30mpg mixed use, it's helped us move office and take a radio station seminar on the road.  Every single person who's sat in it has been impressed.

Which is why, because AS, I must look to divest. There are a few reasons for this.

1. Our rental property will be completely renovated at the start of next year and this is a great opportunity to do some improvements whilst we're between tenants.
  2. I need to empty the property of all contents and apparel.
  3. There are many outdoors projects that require attention.

All this leads to me, briefly, owning a smoll van.

The original plan was to offer this up for Roffle at the start of December so that the lucky winner could collect during Chrimbo Limbo.  However, whilst the car has a full 12 months of MOT and is unbroken, I wonder if now might be a better idea.  That would free up some space for me to get a van - ideally the Forestry Commision one on here.

Thing is.  I reckon what this car deserves, is someone who actually wants it - rather than someone who wins it.  Does that make sense?  The engine is REALLY good - the bodywork is VERY good and the interior is nearly perfect.  I have every faith that it will continue to provide good service for a long, long time yet.

So, in a perfect world, someone would buy this and absolutely cherish it.  But that's not always the AS way.  

If anyone wants to take it on, please let me know.  If not, there'll likely be a raffle soon.

3 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

What sort of moneyz are we talking?

I can’t remember how much it was a fortnight ago - I think it was £10 a pop. I also think you’ll always get that back on here whilst it’s got MOT, and I’d like to make a charitable donation too.

I’m quite relaxed about it. ?‍♂️. If someone wants it and will do their best by it then great. If it’s going to go the way of the old Mitsubishi Colt then I’ll keep it here and explain to the wife that it’s worth a fortune. 

12 minutes ago, barefoot said:

The raffle produced £404.

You undersold it! Imagine buying a car like this for £400! Incredible. 

I honestly thought it went for a lot more. That rather puts the brakes on my van plans because I was looking to make a fat old charitable donation of about £250, add a few quid of my own in and get a van with the rest. 

Let’s put this on hold for the time being as I don’t want to appear mercenary. I was hoping to generate a win/win but perhaps it’s not possible. 

It’s a hatchback, so it could quite easily become a van anyway!

1 hour ago, HillmanImp said:

It's your car, do with it what you want. I've sold cars that I bought off here for a profit. 

Others I've sold for a loss too of course but thats not by design. 

You're right of course, but it's not quite as straightforward as I bought him the extra roffle tickets on the understanding he'd run around with it a bit and then move it on to get some ££ in a charity pot if he won.  Which he did ?

Obviously it's cost him a bit in transport and insurance etc, and I'd not want him to lose out by a lot, and the whole idea was to get a non-gambler to win for shits and giggles, and a nice story about it.  

Anyway, I don't think you appear mercenary @BorniteIdentity,  I think you could easily roffle for £10 a ticket after proving how awesome it is, but if you want to shuffle it for less and get a van, fill your boots.

I've chucked about £150 in roffles this month (so some serious thinking to do) so it'd be nice to think that at least that much went into a charity pot so I can continue guilt (but not debt) free.

Edited by loserone
Add the word extra

1 hour ago, BorniteIdentity said:

You undersold it! Imagine buying a car like this for £400! Incredible. 

I honestly thought it went for a lot more. That rather puts the brakes on my van plans because I was looking to make a fat old charitable donation of about £250, add a few quid of my own in and get a van with the rest. 

Let’s put this on hold for the time being as I don’t want to appear mercenary. I was hoping to generate a win/win but perhaps it’s not possible. 

It’s a hatchback, so it could quite easily become a van anyway!

Fuck appearing mercenary. It is yours......ok the tickets were a gift but should not come with conditions.

sell it for best price and buy the van. Best price would also allow a charitable donation so all boxes ticked.

Crazy to sell it low and then put actual money into the van ffs

10 minutes ago, Mally said:

Words fail me.

Perhaps it's as well.

U ok Hun? Inbox me. 

It’s ok, gang. Change of plan. On the basis that Mally doesn’t like the idea of anyone benefiting from a raffle win - and is seemingly opposed to a substantial charitable donation being made - I’ll stick it on Gumtree as “free to a good home”. That way everyone’s happy. 

I mean, I’m doing exactly what I said I would - but meh. Life’s too short. 

I don’t worry. I’m laughing. Why some old rusty spunk trumpet would think I’m even slightly concerned with the contents of his senile old mind is beyond me. 

What I’m trying to work out is which would annoy him more.

1. Me enjoying mile after mile after mile of luxuriously reliable free motoring; documented on here in autistic detail.

2. Me selling the car and, after donation, living the Life of Riley on the profits. 

3. Setting fire to the fucker, thus preventing any enjoyment or fundraising ever being possible.