maxxo

Picasso restoration.......a tale of idiocy and citroen fun

Just now, maxxo said:

looks superb!! i see your rear suspension is also low like mine

I do love how the mk1's look

My drive slopes more than it shows here and so when the handbrake is on it sort of crouches down. I'll try to take another pic on the road for comparison. I believe there is a measurement from top of wheel arch to centre of the wheel. Can't remember where I saw it online.

14 minutes ago, Prote said:

My drive slopes more than it shows here and so when the handbrake is on it sort of crouches down. I'll try to take another pic on the road for comparison. I believe there is a measurement from top of wheel arch to centre of the wheel. Can't remember where I saw it online.

Makes sense, mine looks pretty unfucked when it's parked uphill which is nice

I would adore one in this colour! but that would be so hard to find

Image result for green citroen xsara picasso

11 minutes ago, maxxo said:

Makes sense, mine looks pretty unfucked when it's parked uphill which is nice

I would adore one in this colour! but that would be so hard to find

Nice.Never seen that colour before.

Tyres crack - couple of years age I put a set on Avon ZV5 on a zafira A. Two of them started to crack within a year. Garage said that lots of new tyres do that, not just Avon. It's down to the quality of the rubber used and the process of manufacture.

I still fit Avons, as I like them and they don't all crack early. I just budget for having to change tyres more frequently.

Cheaper budget tyres will probably last longer due to harder compounds, but while meeting all safety standards, wont be quite as good in the grip department.

10 hours ago, Prote said:

Nice.Never seen that colour before.

It's rather rare, i know of 2 around me.....confirms i'm a saddo

4 hours ago, paulplom said:

Do these have the same rear beam as saxos, berlingos etc? The one where the rear wheels eventually splay outwards?

They do indeed, mine hasn't shit itself it's just dropped a click, if they completely fail the camber is impressive

3 hours ago, Cookiesouwest said:

Tyres crack - couple of years age I put a set on Avon ZV5 on a zafira A. Two of them started to crack within a year. Garage said that lots of new tyres do that, not just Avon. It's down to the quality of the rubber used and the process of manufacture.

I still fit Avons, as I like them and they don't all crack early. I just budget for having to change tyres more frequently.

Cheaper budget tyres will probably last longer due to harder compounds, but while meeting all safety standards, wont be quite as good in the grip department.

Oh that's true, i'm keeping an eye on these to see how they do

They do grip fucking well though

I had a colleague who used to drive one of these and used it to move house twice. I occasionally got a lift and was impressed how comfortable and van like it was. It may have inspired the fact I now drive a van about as my daily.

Good thread.

11 minutes ago, juular said:

I had a colleague who used to drive one of these and used it to move house twice. I occasionally got a lift and was impressed how comfortable and van like it was. It may have inspired the fact I now drive a van about as my daily.

Good thread.

Thanks! it's a fantastically comfortable car that handles way better than it has any right to.

It's probably going to be used as a van today as i need to drive down to sheffield to collect a fireplace soon

Sheffield was achieved with no issues

Lovely smooth drive actually....these really are comfy vehicles

as for spots.....nothing interesting and didn't even see another picasso.......

Left there at 4 and didn't even get stuck in the slightest bit of traffic, it seems this virus does have it's advantages

90238083_2894935010563913_8811226597173493760_o.thumb.jpg.1bb5860fcdba85c684b5d1637df937f0.jpg

ooooh using it as a van, what most of them seem to be used for these days

90153352_2894937410563673_3505191611346714624_o.thumb.jpg.36a4ff52d25059b353fdd6dc326aee24.jpg

Fog light wanker because RALLY CAR YOOOO!!!!!1111!11!!1

in reality it's because of crappy led street lights and i don't have the best eye sight at night and it really helps

but that fuel economy is pretty damn good i must say! i reset the odometer when i filled up so it's done pretty well (unless it's lying to me because citroen)

I find it so funny when i'm filling my almost 15 year old picasso, and theres people there in 19/69 plate cars putting £10 in

also getting close to 100k

90046514_2902437749813639_765249252434640896_o.thumb.jpg.5dc6b24ea0795e81e5072e0d2654989b.jpg

2 hours ago, maxxo said:

Fog light wanker because RALLY CAR YOOOO!!!!!1111!11!!1

in reality it's because of crappy led street lights and i don't have the best eye sight at night and it really helps

but that fuel economy is pretty damn good i must say! i reset the odometer when i filled up so it's done pretty well (unless it's lying to me because citroen)

I find it so funny when i'm filling my almost 15 year old picasso, and theres people there in 19/69 plate cars putting £10 in

also getting close to 100k

90046514_2902437749813639_765249252434640896_o.thumb.jpg.5dc6b24ea0795e81e5072e0d2654989b.jpg

My fuel lies depending on if I've parked on a slope or not... Apparently the fuel gauge monitors the level when the engine is switched on and then deducts how much has passed through the injectors to show how much fuel is left? If that's true that sounds like a hellishly complicated way of doing it,

2 minutes ago, Prote said:

My fuel lies depending on if I've parked on a slope or not... Apparently the fuel gauge monitors the level when the engine is switched on and then deducts how much as passed through the injectors to show how much fuel is left? If that's true that sounds like a hellishly complicated way of doing it,

that is true! which is why they act up when you only put £10 in at a time

i'd say mine was correct as i hadn't parked on any slopes recently

pretty happy to do over 100 miles (just) without losing a bar

1 minute ago, maxxo said:

that is true! which is why they act up when you only put £10 in at a time

i'd say mine was correct as i hadn't parked on any slopes recently

pretty happy to do over 100 miles (just) without losing a bar

And worse if you overfill it. I went to a petrol station where they fill the tank for you. The guy was constantly clicking the trigger to get the last penny worth in. When I got in the car, the fuel gauge read empty for days afterwards. When I fill up, I reset the trip gauge so that I have a second way to see how much fuel I have left.

Just now, Prote said:

And worse if you overfill it. I went to a petrol station where they fill the tank for you. The guy was constantly clicking the trigger to get the last penny worth in. When I got in the car, the fuel gauge read empty for days afterwards. When I fill up, I reset the trip gauge so that I have a second way to see how much fuel I have left.

I always stop at the second click, habit I suppose 

Yeah I don't 100% trust the fuel guage in these and I also fill around 500 miles in anyway.

So I need advice from fellow shiters,

This is the car i'm going to be keeping for quite some time (no matter what not many people look after these and i need to preserve it)

I'd like to do some more so "giffer mods" or slight period correct mods, must be mods from the period of 2003-2005 as this car has to be kept period correct

I need suggestions on what to do, ideally subtle though

Door edge protectors are something i'm certainly considering.

4 minutes ago, FakeConcern said:

You already have wind deflctors and roof bars, how about roof box and bonnet cover?

niAAAgGW5OA-960.thumb.jpg.e42f7b94df5bafaab0f2005b51d6cca6.jpg

Or a rear spoiler?

Citroen_Xsara_Pi_4e71bc7fc244e.jpg.ec33e8a9b8336bce46a0e36738386399.jpg

WOW!

a bonnet cover and headlight protectors would be fantastic!!!

i missed a genuine citroen roof box on ebay a few months ago which i was sad about, it said citroen on it so it was cool!

Decided to take advantage of the quiet roads today to get some pictures of the car

Don't do it, I was shouted at by an angry policeman well within his rights i must say! and it was a rather pleasant discussion without shouting or arguing.

obviously didn't post that on facebook as i'm trying to wind someone up (posted how they picked me out blah blah)

Pictures came out rather well, this picasso shall be actually getting some rest soon, going down to being used every other day due to shopping for elderly relatives and shopping for myself.

90892316_2915823308475083_1327037417202384896_o.thumb.jpg.9864a07640db1c3ffb6a64ab8c1e1bce.jpg90766724_2915822855141795_3006417965500334080_o.thumb.jpg.40ead0382db32d7d2e163e283c4ed0ad.jpg91098816_2915823065141774_3007910453750792192_o.thumb.jpg.90c377ae37c1fe039e09abb129840a57.jpg