Picasso restoration.......a tale of idiocy and citroen fun

maxxo

well the back seats just un clip so under those are almost perfect, the fronts are very clean as well, on the whole i keep the interior very clean mainly because i'm not an animal and care about how my car looks as it's embarrasing when i have someone else in the car and it's filthy.

oh yeah! they were just gonna scrap it because for some reason they hated it, new clutch and theres nothing wrong with it even fully functional air conditoning.

The 2.0 HDi really is a superb engine

yes the dreaded 1.6 hdi is available in 110 form, or the more reliable 1.6 16v petrol is also 110.

Then you have the ultimate petrol the 2.0i 16v automatic with 137 bhp

They are honestly really decent to drive too and have a really nice looking interior

10 hours ago, maxxo said:

I swear i need help......so someone i know is selling a 2.0 petrol automatic picasso for a very good price.

I don't need it

I don't need 2 cars

I don't need 2 picassos

But i want it...........

can someone talk me out of it

Fit a 1.6 manual gearbox for the best of all the worlds.

cold starting fun is about to kick off........

now i was told it had issues with cold starting before i got said car, however today i got to experience it for myself.

so wait for glowplug light, count to 3 then crank is what i usually do on cold mornings......however today it took about 7 seconds or so of cranking to get going and kicked out a massive cloud of unburnt diesel......

obviously there are preheating issues, which is my question, how much of a bastard are the glowplugs to replace on this engine?

firstly i'm surprised it actually did the thing when i was filming.....that's very rare!

So i'm starting to suspect it may be the glowplug relay due to the fact it doesn't try to fire when cranking and runs on all cylinders straight away

the battery is from 2012 so i'm surprised it's lasted this long, i will have a lexia session to see if the glowplug fault code leads to anything.

I'm tempted to replace the preheat relay and the battery and see how it is, i can live with it being like this as it's not much of an issue i just know once it starts getting colder it's going to get worse and worse

12 minutes ago, maxxo said:

the battery is from 2012 so i'm surprised it's lasted this long, i will have a lexia session to see if the glowplug fault code leads to anything.

I'm tempted to replace the preheat relay and the battery and see how it is, i can live with it being like this as it's not much of an issue i just know once it starts getting colder it's going to get worse and worse

I say because compared to mine cranking sounds a little bit slower and also your dash lights are flickering slightly

i wouldn't be surprised at all if it is the battery, before i got it the car had a life of very short journeys.....and it was driven with a failed alternator (warning light and message ignored) until it broke down.....

when i get paid next week i'm going to order a new battery and see if that helps

40 minutes ago, rusty_vw_man said:

I’d agree with this diagnosis - I’d start by measuring battery voltage before looking for anything else. 

so i imagine put a meter across the terminals and crank the engine from cold?

guessing anything below 10v is bad

cold starting cranks are certainly too slow, warm cranking is better.....

so this points to the battery i feel as of course the engine will use more power to crank when cold,

other than the obvioulsy dying battery all is going well..

78398440_502217400382927_4623941647476981760_n.thumb.jpg.87683eed5d88260b4fce92083dba7586.jpg

We also found a slightly newer and much cleaner friend to park next to today..........okay i drove round the car park and squeezed into a small space so i could park next to it