Picasso restoration.......a tale of idiocy and citroen fun

maxxo

16 hours ago, maxxo said:

20191104_140042.thumb.jpg.658a622c2f6e0be5b623bed7452d421b.jpg

SUCCESS!! for now at least i have absolutely no doubts that it will fall out and start rubbing on the bleed nipple for the cooling system but hey looks better now.

Does the engine cover noticeably reduce engine noise?

Re undertray, I bought a new one from ebay (made in Poland) for my 307, it wasn't too badly made

mine didn't come with any fixings. I tried to use bolts but they kept coming loose until I found I needed this sort of fixings for it:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190705543172?ul_noapp=true

I had to put a heat gun on the tray as it had warped a bit. 

This is the tray, I had an offer of £18.80 accepted on it back in February last year

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180354164397?ul_noapp=true

Somehow i have actually won some money from a competition! which is very nice.

Anyway i wanna get something for pablo the picasso........thing is i have no idea what to get......so i would appreciate some ideas for period correct cosmetic enhancements please

boring option, but what about a full service including brake fluid, fuel, oil, air and pollen filters, coolant flush, new wiper blades all round? Make it mechanically excellent so you only need worry about fuelling it? How much are we talking money wise, it'd be well worth stashing some away for the Rover 800 fund as well. Also a full set of good tyres (if not already decent and recent) will be transformative.

Cosmetic enhancements for a Picasso are likely to make it worse rather than better IM(Very)HO, originality is king here.

Oh, also get a set of Osram Nightbreakers or similar as the nights have drawn in and you will be able to see ALL THE THINGS. What condition is the windscreen in? if its scored/original then a new one on the insurance should only cost £75, or probably £120 as a private job from a local indie automotive glass supplier.

I vote for making it tip-top rather than modifying it from original.

Obvs its your cars and you can do what you damn well please.

The issue is theres nothing that needs doing i'm very finacky with how often it gets serviced (oil every 6k miles) and it's had all the filters and coolant replaced recently.....brake fluid will be done in january as i am replacing the rest of the brake pipes then.

Tyres are all pretty new matching pirelli's so they seem fine.

Very tempted by nightbreakers though.

I have just ordered a new dashcam with a rear facing camera because no one can drive.

Night breakers may be my next port of call, as the lights are pants!!!!

I'm also after an engine cover for a 2.0 Hdi..as well as some wind deflectors due to there being no rain channel as such!!!!

had it cleaned today - looks and feels 100% better, not sticking to the steering wheels now!!!

Must grab some pics now while its still clean

Rover 800 is ace. But this Citroen... I had a Scenic based on the same platform from nearly new. Fucking heap of dogshit. Properly maintained and covered by warranty when we first got it, but EVERYTHING went wrong and it eventually caught fire with my kids inside. Sold for scrap. I once cornered and hassled the head of Renault UK on how shit this car was and how shit their customer service is. God, I’m even angry typing this. I like quirky. I like French. I don’t like the Picasso/Scenic. 

good luck! :)

50 minutes ago, maxxo said:

The issue is theres nothing that needs doing i'm very finacky with how often it gets serviced (oil every 6k miles) and it's had all the filters and coolant replaced recently.....brake fluid will be done in january as i am replacing the rest of the brake pipes then.

Tyres are all pretty new matching pirelli's so they seem fine.

Very tempted by nightbreakers though.

I have just ordered a new dashcam with a rear facing camera because no one can drive.

Deffo stash the cash in the future rover fund in that case!

15 hours ago, motorpunk said:

Rover 800 is ace. But this Citroen... I had a Scenic based on the same platform from nearly new. Fucking heap of dogshit. Properly maintained and covered by warranty when we first got it, but EVERYTHING went wrong and it eventually caught fire with my kids inside. Sold for scrap. I once cornered and hassled the head of Renault UK on how shit this car was and how shit their customer service is. God, I’m even angry typing this. I like quirky. I like French. I don’t like the Picasso/Scenic. 

good luck! :)

Pretty sure the Picasso is based on the Xsara/ 306/ ZX base. The scenic was based on the Megane which was entirely different I believe?