Picasso restoration.......a tale of idiocy and citroen fun

maxxo

End of january update, 

It's been fine in a french car way.....doing 600 miles to a tank suddenly (would only do 500 before) so that's strange, or a french fuel guage

Still hasn't broken, and in almost 8 months of ownership it's only "broken down" once.....well technically twice but I like to think of these as anomalies instead of breakdowns.

Enjoy this "EPIC CAR PIC INNIT BRUV" and other down with the kids words........ more fog light wanker than anything though

20200121_192008.jpg

Actually......there is a slight issue that i'm pretending doesn't exist

when driving at a steady pace say 65mph there is what feels like a very slight splutter, when i say slight i mean you have to really be looking for it to notice it.

And the car does feel quite sluggish too, that could just be me as thinking about it acceleration is reasonable but doesn't feel like it used to.

Will try a 0-60 tomorrow and see what the results are

9 hours ago, maxxo said:

Actually......there is a slight issue that i'm pretending doesn't exist

when driving at a steady pace say 65mph there is what feels like a very slight splutter, when i say slight i mean you have to really be looking for it to notice it.

And the car does feel quite sluggish too, that could just be me as thinking about it acceleration is reasonable but doesn't feel like it used to.

Will try a 0-60 tomorrow and see what the results are

MAF sensor? Might be worth trying a drive without it connected and seeing if performance improves. If so it’s knackered 

3 hours ago, paulplom said:

Fog light wanker ftw actually ?

They do look good turned on.......but it's a bit nissan juke to have them on at all times

2 hours ago, rainagain said:

MAF sensor? Might be worth trying a drive without it connected and seeing if performance improves. If so it’s knackered 

Will give that a try, i'm going out in a min so will test out the performance

On 1/7/2020 at 7:36 PM, maxxo said:

awful sound sorry, i left the waterproof case on the camera

must admit the image quality is excellent for something that cost £30 and the app is pretty good too

I enjoyed that, anyone else find POV driving videos like this therapeutic?

On 1/11/2020 at 11:01 PM, beko1987 said:

It makes xantia and xm owning a pain. Everything from uber critical lhm system components to trim pieces. Nla! 

I remember when the meriva needed a windscreen, I logged onto our insurance windscreen site and did that. I then put the xantia reg no in and it said please call... Put me off it a bit

My local Citroen dealer has always been very good when buying parts for C4 VTS, even gave me discount for being a C4 club member, however they couldn't even sell me any LHM for the XM!

On 1/21/2020 at 11:36 AM, Jim Bell said:

Extra points for clap hand wipers. I'd not noticed that before. 

They are much better than conventional wipers, the VTS and Mrs Concerns Moodus have them. I wish my C30 did. The same applies to digital speedo now I come to think of it!

13 minutes ago, FakeConcern said:

I enjoyed that, anyone else find POV driving videos like this therapeutic?

My local Citroen dealer has always been very good when buying parts for C4 VTS, even gave me discount for being a C4 club member, however they couldn't even sell me any LHM for the XM!

They are much better than conventional wipers, the VTS and Mrs Concerns Moodus have them. I wish my C30 did. The same applies to digital speedo now I come to think of it!

POV drives are great, especially when they are well done and over a long period, might get another one done today actually.

Indeed! claphand wipers are great especially as there is no possibility of the dreaded triangle of doom

• maxxo changed the title to Picasso restoration.......a tale of idiocy and citroen fun

..but sadly was shunted in stationary traffic and it now has a dented tailgate.... ☹️ Young female driving a Ford Kuga   (with lairy toddler in rear seat) says she stalled and it lurched forward ? 

Fist-sized dent in the tailgate just below number plate - dead on the crease so not a pull-out job. Plus the tailgate gap is p*ssed around the left side, so it's kinked out somehow.

Mostly annoyed that a 19 yr old pristine car looks like every other bent old kipper. 

What to do? Insurance company would likely write it off and don't suppose she'll pay to get it done properly.  It's had a fair bit spent on it so would be a shame to bin it, and have no cash to get anything better ?

Twice I’ve had low value cars smacked in no fault accidents. Rather than write them off the insurance company have given me cash in lieu of repairs settlements. Most recently some moron punted a traffic cone into my 307 when they wandered into my lane. I got £414 and sorted the damage myself. I spoke to the assessor and he said they like doing this now as they don’t like writing cars off and it saves hassles with people complaining if the repairs aren’t done right.