Kitten kapers

doug

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, bobdisk said:

yeah they seem to do that a lot. That's how I noticed you were selling it at auction,  I think that might have been how I found the XM I bought from them last year too

• 1 month later...

I was just watching Flipping Bangers episode on the Reliant Kitten. Their car had a replacement chassis which was galvanized but from a Fox and needed some mods to fit the kitten body.  Do they do replacement galvanized chassis for Kittens or are all the cars advertised with  galvanized chassis with Fox chassis?  

• 1 year later...

Time flys. Going to try and resurrect the Kitten. I can't honestly remember where I was with it. I tried to start it a couple of weeks ago but the new fuel pipe I had fitted had went hard and cracked so the pump was just drawing air. Fitted a new fuel pipe today. Seems to be starting and running fine now. So I have insured it as from tomorrow. With weather permitting I will take it for a run tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, doug said:

Time flys. Going to try and resurrect the Kitten. I can't honestly remember where I was with it. I tried to start it a couple of weeks ago but the new fuel pipe I had fitted had went hard and cracked so the pump was just drawing air. Fitted a new fuel pipe today. Seems to be starting and running fine now. So I have insured it as from tomorrow. With weather permitting I will take it for a run tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

we need update pics !!

brilliant.  Love the colour and the alloys. How did you resolve the overheating/hot running in the end?

As for the points, I have Gammatonix box on my Panda fitted by the previous owner, @spartacus which effectively replaces the condenser and keeps the points but only as a low voltage trigger rather than carrying the high voltage of the original set up. only about £30 . worth considering to save points life and the hit and miss of finding a decent quality condenser

23 minutes ago, doug said:

Managed a wee run today. Apart from a slight low rev misfire, which I am sure a clean up of the points will sort, all went well. Here are a couple of photos of the Kitten at my old workplace.3e42a4bb63656ebcf81894e5be4bf43a.jpg55955bec03ab8adf0e19ee42552965e3.jpg

Looks great Dougie. That A-frame is a familiar sight for me. :)