UK Shitefest 2020 *Postponed*

trigger

33 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

I suppose the thinking is that shopping is a necessary activity, whereas gathering in a field full of rubbish cars just outside Ipswich really isn't.  Obviously it's impossible to completely eliminate opportunities for the virus to spread, but the idea is not to give it any opportunities that can be avoided.

Ipswich is never necessary.

BorniteIdentity (Born Ipswich, 1982)

19 hours ago, mitsisigma01 said:

I've heard Brownnova has a garden big enough for a mini Shitefest ???

Where have you heard this?

It would have to be a very mini Shitefest!

If I could find out (and sweet talk) whoever owns the field next door then maybe we could be talking.

Edited to add:

I think/hope Chumley may be a goer in September. Been meaning to throw a thread up... I’ll do it later. 

• 8 months later...

Right, about bloody time we started to make some plans.  Otherwise - before you know it - the summer is here, everyone's on the beach in their mankini looking at other people's wives, and we miss ANOTHER festival of rubbish motor cars.

@trigger- are you having dialogue with the pub at Shotley for ECR events?  Do you think this could be a possibility for late June 2021, or should we look at alternative venues?

If an international Shitefest is considered, I have parking for a few dozen cars. The ground is firm so pitching tents will need thick tent pegs and a large hammer.

Only fly in the ointment is that I am 1,200 miles from Dover (of course avoiding the toll roads).

4 minutes ago, Jerzy Woking said:

If an international Shitefest is considered, I have parking for a few dozen cars. The ground is firm so pitching tents will need thick tent pegs and a large hammer.

Only fly in the ointment is that I am 1,200 miles from Dover (of course avoiding the toll roads).

When lockdown is over that sounds fantastic, one of the great things about owning old cars is getting to drive them and the roads in Europe are better than the UK, any hotels nearby?

19 minutes ago, Shite Ron said:

When lockdown is over that sounds fantastic, one of the great things about owning old cars is getting to drive them and the roads in Europe are better than the UK, any hotels nearby?

There is a campsite 4 miles away that rents cabins and has a very good restaurant, cafe and bar. Not stayed there myself, but have eaten at both the restaurant and cafe.

https://laspalmerasresort.com/en/camping/

3 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

854135332_Screenshot2021-03-18142106.thumb.png.75e054e92acede1e57f54e85763e7925.png

Would I drive that far to escape the bullshit of my life and enjoy a shitefest?

Almost without doubt.

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, MisterH said:

I would be interested in coming along to one of these, the idea sounds very appealing. Any updates on the situation?

I'd be interested in a Shitefest UK too. 

I think the situation is a little to volatile for foreign excursions at the moment. Things seem to be going the right direction here and Boris is keen to stick on his one way road out of lockdown but that doesn't plan for what happens out of here. 

Just now, Spurious said:

I'd be interested in a Shitefest UK too. 

I think the situation is a little to volatile for foreign excursions at the moment. Things seem to be going the right direction here and Boris is keen to stick on his one way road out of lockdown but that doesn't plan for what happens out of here. 

Yes abroad seems very risky, even is Bozza says its ok, but a UK meet looks possible

I would quite like something to look forward to, to bring the RAV4 to, to make the pain worthwhile. I did consider Festival of the Ordinary-BL-Bullocks but I don't think I'll get a place, as I don't think saying "I spent 5 months welding the arse of it" is reason enough to give me a place.

I'm considering a mini-meet in late May here on the South Coast as the 30-person limit will be in force. Could make it a day out at Amberley Working Museum as it's full of the sorts of old tat we seem to like.

Had a couple of flaky answers from a couple of local campsites around the Chichester area but I don't think I'll get any definite answers for a few weeks yet.

11 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

I'm considering a mini-meet in late May here on the South Coast as the 30-person limit will be in force. Could make it a day out at Amberley Working Museum as it's full of the sorts of old tat we seem to like.

Had a couple of flaky answers from a couple of local campsites around the Chichester area but I don't think I'll get any definite answers for a few weeks yet.

Yeah I am not sure how accomodating most campsites will be with 10+ pieces of shite turning up...