UK Shitefest 2020 *Postponed*

trigger

1 hour ago, trigger said:

I'm so upset about this, I was really looking forwards to this summer. 

Imagine how upset we are! We've been bugging you to organise a Shitefest for years. ?

Seriously hope it is just a case of rescheduling. We've had Shitefests vary between May and September, so a fair bit of year still left.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, trigger said:

Bastard virus ?

Yeah you're right, I was really looking forward to this.. I was faffing about in the shed earlier and thought to myself "I should be standing in a layby on the A12 with a broken and incontinent Volvo now." Fingers crossed for later on in the year maybe. 

How much organising do you think it would take to reschedule, once lockdown is lifted? I should imagine there are plenty of venues keen for the business; equally, a lot of people keen to book! That is assuming gatherings of any kind are permitted in the foreseeable future...

41 minutes ago, mat_the_cat said:

That is assuming gatherings of any kind are permitted in the foreseeable future...

That is the crux of the matter isn't it? Even if we are allowed more freedom to travel, gatherings are going to be off the cards I suspect. I love the idea of some sort of a meet-up anyway. A few Autoshiters in a field somewhere isn't going to be in the same league as major sporting events and huge car shows. Depends where they decide any cut-off is going to be.

2 hours ago, trigger said:

We'll play it by ear but Sarah the landlady its pretty flexible and as long as there isn't a football game on the field we should be OK again at shortish notice, it's more if everyone else can make it. 

Well, just about everything else has been cancelled this year, so I (and I guess a lot of others) literally have nothing planned. So if Shitefest is on even at short notice, I'm in! Fingers crossed :-)

Well unforcast rain has meant putting our tents away wet at virtual shitefest this morning, but if trigger can organise a Saturday like yesterday for when it does get rescheduled then that would be much appreciated.

It's going to be like trying to get tickets for Glastonbury if the gatherings are limited to smaller numbers as restrictions are lifted.

I had a dream last night that Shitefest went ahead after all.  Trigger turned up in a slightly scruffy Honeysuckle yellow Ital saloon with a Paprika interior.  At one point he went to have a kip in the back seat, and a group of shiters (I wasn't one of them I hasten to add) thought it would be hilarious to go and rock the car to wake him up.  Unfortunately, such was the build quality of the beast that leaning on the nearside rear door cause it to open inwards, into the cabin, and hit Trigger on the head.  Trigger was extremely pissed off as not only had he been woken up and clonked on the head, but he then had to attempt to fix the door before he could drive home.

I think I might be spending too much time on this forum.

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2020 at 12:00 PM, beko1987 said:

The secret is 2 duvets and many pillows. Also turn the engine on and set the heaters to full blast half an hour before bed time. Then fall asleep before it cools down again once the engines off

I've got a tent now, but ive also got an estate now, and sleeping in the car will be less hassle to erect... 

The secret is a Dutch army M90 winter sleeping bag. :D

Best sleeping bag ever. Incredibly warm and cozy. I am of "generous proportions" and I usually sleep on my side. Plenty of room in this bag for that and not trussed up like a maggot which other lesser sleeping bags cause.

https://www.xmilitarystore.com/en/m90-sleeping-bag-dutch-airmoble-army

Make sure you get the cotton liner for extra softness and snuggleability. :D

1 hour ago, 808 Estate said:

The secret is a Dutch army M90 winter sleeping bag. :D

Best sleeping bag ever. Incredibly warm and cozy. I am of "generous proportions" and I usually sleep on my side. Plenty of room in this bag for that and not trussed up like a maggot which other lesser sleeping bags cause.

https://www.xmilitarystore.com/en/m90-sleeping-bag-dutch-airmoble-army

Make sure you get the cotton liner for extra softness and snuggleability. :D

Sleeping bag? Posh git! I've got one now (fiver from Facebook) but usually I put 3 or 4 duvets in the car! Luxury! And many pillows

• 4 weeks later...

Just to stop this being forgotten about, shitefest came up in conversation at the FoD this afternoon. Are we still just waiting for everything to lift just a little bit more then resuming the plans, or is it postponed until 2021?

Or do we need to decide and consider now anyway? We have a few months of ok weather ahead but I don't fancy camping in Ipswich in November... (unless it's in triggers actual bed, then maybe) 

14 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Just to stop this being forgotten about, shitefest came up in conversation at the FoD this afternoon. Are we still just waiting for everything to lift just a little bit more then resuming the plans, or is it postponed until 2021?

Or do we need to decide and consider now anyway? We have a few months of ok weather ahead but I don't fancy camping in Ipswich in November... (unless it's in triggers actual bed, then maybe) 

The TriggsterMC is away atm - but the last remarks made about his "East Coast Retros" club resuming meets was it's practically impossible.  The pub (for track and trace) need the details of everyone who visits.  This would be easier to manage with ShiteFest than 700 turning up on a school night - but still a challenge.  

It would be infinitesimally easier on private land, much like the FoD.

1 minute ago, BorniteIdentity said:

The TriggsterMC is away atm - but the last remarks made about his "East Coast Retros" club resuming meets was it's practically impossible.  The pub (for track and trace) need the details of everyone who visits.  This would be easier to manage with ShiteFest than 700 turning up on a school night - but still a challenge.  

It would be infinitesimally easier on private land, much like the FoD.

That's a bloody good point, I'd forgotten about all that side of it! 

I think September might just be feasible if it's on private ground.  You may even end up with a bit of an Indian summer then. 

I think it's 30 people max outdoors at the moment. 

But there's some contradiction of letting outdoor performance go ahead soon and sports. I can imagine it'll consolidate soon enough if things keep going the right way. 

Otherwise, I'd happily meet up with folks in the North of England for a drive out and maybe some snacks somewhere. 

28 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Nothing makes sense. There are surely 30+ people in any given supermarket at one time, and nobody cares where they've come from.

Yea, I know.  It doesn't make a great deal; there's more people in Tesco and everyone's in their own little bubble; get in and out and from what I can see, to hell with social distancing.

I suppose the thinking is that shopping is a necessary activity, whereas gathering in a field full of rubbish cars just outside Ipswich really isn't.  Obviously it's impossible to completely eliminate opportunities for the virus to spread, but the idea is not to give it any opportunities that can be avoided.