UK Shitefest 2020 *Postponed*

trigger

27 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Been thinking @LightBulbFun ill be going around the m25 for this, could meet you and drive as a plan B or c? 

Only issue is I'll be in my tent so either find yourself a fucking good fishing bed or book a hotel and me/someone can drive you to it and back

ohh Thanks thats appreciated :) 

although as previously mentioned im really hoping I can have REV on the road before the 1st of may so I can make it to shitefest in REV :) 

tho I am a bit worried about it, as although we are a good few months away, a lot of that time is during the winter where I wont be able to do anything on REV, leaving only a short time window in the spring/early summer I think, to get her ready etc!

so I appreciate you volunteering as a back up plan :) 

(and ideally id like to have REV on the road at least a few weeks before the 1st of May, so my first trip out in her on the road is not an 85 mile drive via the M25 and M11! although that would be very autoshite!)

indeed accommodation is another issue, I think I will probably be booking some sort of hotel/BnB or whatever its called this week! (can you tell, I have never done this sort of thing before? LOL)

I dont do camping primarily because a sleeping bag is not exactly ideal conditions for someone with a bad back! otherwise if there is something relatively soft to sleep on I have got no problem sleeping in a tent, whatever! (see the last FoD gathering where I slept in the boat! :) )  but i dont have any tenting gear or the such like!

so if someone does have a "room" in a tent or something with a soft bed/mattress/thing to sleep on they dont mind me crashing in then id appreciate that! (is your tent the one with the extra rooms? I recall there was a tent at the FoD gathering, that was sort of communal? or am I recalling incorrectly?)

but yeah ideally, I REALLY want to have REV on the road ready for shitefest!

24 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

ohh Thanks thats appreciated :) 

although as previously mentioned im really hoping I can have REV on the road before the 1st of may so I can make it to shitefest in REV :) 

tho I am a bit worried about it, as although we are a good few months away, a lot of that time is during the winter where I wont be able to do anything on REV, leaving only a short time window in the spring/early summer I think, to get her ready etc!

so I appreciate you volunteering as a back up plan :) 

(and ideally id like to have REV on the road at least a few weeks before the 1st of May, so my first trip out in her on the road is not an 85 mile drive via the M25 and M11! although that would be very autoshite!)

indeed accommodation is another issue, I think I will probably be booking some sort of hotel/BnB or whatever its called this week! (can you tell, I have never done this sort of thing before? LOL)

I dont do camping primarily because a sleeping bag is not exactly ideal conditions for someone with a bad back! otherwise if there is something relatively soft to sleep on I have got no problem sleeping in a tent, whatever! (see the last FoD gathering where I slept in the boat! :) )  but i dont have any tenting gear or the such like!

so if someone does have a "room" in a tent or something with a soft bed/mattress/thing to sleep on they dont mind me crashing in then id appreciate that! (is your tent the one with the extra rooms? I recall there was a tent at the FoD gathering, that was sort of communal? or am I recalling incorrectly?)

but yeah ideally, I REALLY want to have REV on the road ready for shitefest!

Yes, my tent has master and guest bedrooms (and TBH space for about 8 other people sleeping in the rest although itll be a bit draughty...)

You could train it out to wycombe/gerrardsX and I'll pick you up. Read back and see where other people have said their staying, that way theres a lift there and back

• 3 weeks later...

Although I'm a newbie I'd definitely be up for coming along on one of the days (not sure what my plans are for that weekend but expect I'll be busy for part of it) in a suitable vehicle. Would also be happy to give a lift to anyone from London way who finds themselves without transport. 

Having not made it to a shitefest properly since SF16 hopefully I can make it happen so that I'm able to attend! Hopefully in a boosted oil fired smol pug, but if not at least a similarly boosty oily Volvo. Hopefully the pug as I think it may* return better fuel economy, even if I wind it up a bit.

Of course, I said I'd turn up in said pug this year too and the fucker's still on stands outside my kitchen window so take that as you will.

I'll be up for going. I should be almost guaranteed get annual leave approved if I book it in the next few weeks. 

It's a 250ish miles trip to Ipswich for me so it'll be the Audi 100 if I can get it right. 250 miles in a Jimny is a recipe for a bad back. 

Also be tenting. I've quite a bit of outdoor kit that's okay for borrowing if people want, albeit no spare tent. I've only a very small 3 man which means it's cosy for 2 adults tbh. 

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants to participate in the Ipswich - Felixstowe vintage vehicle run (which is on the same weekend) then registrations are now open. 

I will likely to do it; it’s a family tradition to go and now I’ve got a suitable vehicles I like to participate. 

You can get the forms on the Ipswich Transport Museum website. 

There will be mate, so far my mate who works at the museum is happy to be our personal guide and entertain us for the afternoon there and I'm thinking maybe a car related quiz in the evening and there's even been a offer from a superstar DJ to play some choons in the evening on the field. 

Sunday there's the Ipswich to Felixstowe run, I'm still not sure how to work that into the weekend so we'll chat about that nearer the time if there's interest to watch.