UK Shitefest 2020 *Postponed*

trigger

When will Ips-Fel Rally be this year if the bonk holiday is being moved? 

It COULD be part of a fantastic weekend; we could hijack the parade and get some proper cars on the prom for once!!  Perhaps we could do the transport museum on the sat and then those who wanted to could do the rally on Sunday (even just coming down for a look )

Either way, I’ll undoubtedly be along.  Just a thought like. 

27 minutes ago, UltraWomble said:

I didnt say I wasnt going....

I didn’t say you did...

It’s just the old running joke of SVM travelling to the moon to collect a 1978 Mars Bar and people like me setting a strict 25 mile radius on eBay searches.

You’d like this venue. It’s very close to the sea (a mile at most?) nice peoples and you get great views of...err... Britain’s Premier Port. 

I rather like the sound of this!  Yes it's the wrong end of the country but it's where the venue is, so that's fixed.  I have mixed feelings about taking Huggy, assuming I even still have him, but at least I'd have my own bedroom!  That front bench is remarkably comfortable for a doze...

Note that I'm not committing at this stage.  I don't know if I'm going to be fit enough for the drive.  We'll find out at Christmas, when I drive the Suzuki to Inverness and back (I hope!).

1 hour ago, BorniteIdentity said:

When will Ips-Fel Rally be this year if the bonk holiday is being moved? 

It COULD be part of a fantastic weekend; we could hijack the parade and get some proper cars on the prom for once!!  Perhaps we could do the transport museum on the sat and then those who wanted to could do the rally on Sunday (even just coming down for a look )

Either way, I’ll undoubtedly be along.  Just a thought like. 

The run is on Sunday the 3rd, I don't know if that could be a issue or not? I'm thinking because the museum organise the event they might not be able to accommodate us on the Saturday plus I was thinking about doing the run myself this year?

The run itself is something like £17 a car, heading from Christchurch park in Ipswich, driving in a convoy for about 2 hours depending on the traffic and finishing along Felixstowe seafront.

I'll message the pub in the bit and see what dates are available and then I'll post them up on here.

13 hours ago, hairnet said:

will the rancho be finished?

I very much doubt it, but you never know. I could possibly trailer it there...

...Just checked - the XJ-S’s towing capacity is only 1500kg, which I think is about 250kg short, so I’d have to drag it behind the modern Skoda or get another Disco or something.

9 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Plus the fuel you would use towing a Rancho from Swansea to Ipswich and back with a V12 XJ-S would probably pay for a full nut & bolt professional restoration on the Talbot.

It would probably beat* the fuel consumption of Mr Flowers' bus on the journey to SF16.

7 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

@davidfowler2000posting some perspective in 3....2....1....

FOOWLER.thumb.JPG.4a8469819f10342a1f2df435afba07d9.JPG

Mr Fowler is actually about 4 miles closer than me, but you get the idea.

As per I don't want to come unless I can arrive in my own chod, although given the distances involved I may be more inclined to go to Continental Shitefest dependant on financial/automotive circumstances. 

8 minutes ago, captain_70s said:

FOOWLER.thumb.JPG.4a8469819f10342a1f2df435afba07d9.JPG

Mr Fowler is actually about 4 miles closer than me, but you get the idea.

As per I don't want to come unless I can arrive in my own chod, although given the distances involved I may be more inclined to go to Continental Shitefest dependant on financial/automotive circumstances. 

I see your map, and raise you...

sf2020.thumb.PNG.3fe004fda6f64e1163bb9d3e88a51fa6.PNG

Now we need @Sealtainn to turn up and trump us both by a significant margin.