trigger

UK Shitefest 1-3rd May 2020

19 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Could take the Aprilia RS250 (if I still have it by then). But can't sleep in the back of a bike. Van wins.

You can sleep in a tent you've strapped to it tho, and then we can all swoon over the Aprillia. 

I'll be working one day that weekend, won't know until sky / bt throw a dart at the calendar and pull a time out of their arse when tho, I reckon most options would give me a shot of making a night there. Fingers crossed for Monday night football.

Just looked, 3rd of April is the date it should be announced, it's nice they give everyone involved plenty of notice.

I was going to give the Ips-Fel rally a miss for 2020, but actually this could end up being a really great weekend. Saturday at the field and Sunday on the prom. 

If anyone has anything they fancy showing off on Sunday then I’d encourage it. Also, we could just head over to Christchurch Park where all the cars meet on Sunday AM. 

I guess people can chose to do what they wish! 

3 hours ago, LostnotFound said:

You can sleep in a tent you've strapped to it tho, and then we can all swoon over the Aprillia. 

I'll be working one day that weekend, won't know until sky / bt throw a dart at the calendar and pull a time out of their arse when tho....

Good grief-sleep in a tent!? A blow up mattress in the  back of the van is about as close to rough sleeping as I get.

I used to have the same issue with weekend working rotas, except I always seemed to be called out at least once every weekend. No problem with rotas now I've retired-but just as busy, such as not getting back to UK until 30th April.

Maybe I'll stick my Cagiva Mito and Monet Goyon in the van with the RS and bring them down. None are trailer queens and get ridden-hard- whenever possible. Well, the Monet doesn't as it's only coughed and spluttered into life once. I've not tried to start it since.

I love my two strokes.

20190718_125736.jpg

2016-07-19 10.42.45-1.jpg

20190703_202226.jpg

Hmmm... yes what to bring... 

Yugo probably won’t be ready unless o really pull my finger out, but turning up in it does sound glorious.

2cv not that comfy to sleep in

Saab a bit predictable and boring by comparison but would be good to sleep in. But I may need to leave that as a reliable car for Mrs_b unless she’s bought herself a new motor by then... 

Camper seems far too tame for Shitefest, it even has a loo!

But maybe I’m being previous... I could have bought something entirely different by then! 😂

48 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Hmmm... yes what to bring... 

Yugo probably won’t be ready unless o really pull my finger out, but turning up in it does sound glorious.

2cv not that comfy to sleep in

Saab a bit predictable and boring by comparison but would be good to sleep in. But I may need to leave that as a reliable car for Mrs_b unless she’s bought herself a new motor by then... 

Camper seems far too tame for Shitefest, it even has a loo!

But maybe I’m being previous... I could have bought something entirely different by then! 😂

Pull your finger out of the Yugo and make it work... or tow it in and we'll make it work!

2061930575_shitefest.thumb.PNG.62d194027ad4542797a3e1164d30189f.PNG

decent trek for me, deffo in though.

So I'm pretty not shit at baking/cooking....so i was thinking i'm more than happy to bake cakes, quiches, etc for everyone, free too!

basically let me know if you want anything especially baking for the event

Looks do-able to me! Thanks Trigger.

It'll be the first one I've gone to since the Bubblecar Museum weekend back in 2008.

No staying over for me, but given how local I am I should be able to pop back and forth in whatever is on the road at the time. I haven't yet thought about whether we're doing Ips-Fx, but it sounds like there's the ability to combine the events and make a great weekend out of it.

22 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

Get Chaseracer to drive it over, I think he's quicker on it than Hairnet is on the bike 😄

I think I may indeed have needed a dab of oppo at one point.  The hand-throttled, weird-braked, big diesel Massey is a bitch.  And I spanked it.

image.png

I have no idea what shift I will be working then and if I'm free I would love to join in the shenanigans.  Not sure if I'll bring the Almera or the bike?

On 10/28/2019 at 7:59 AM, BorniteIdentity said:

you get great views of...err... Britain’s Premier Port. 

I work there!  Please don't mention it again.

@trigger I might be able to help you if you need it.  I live in Ipsvitch.  All depends on bloody shifts.

On 10/31/2019 at 8:46 PM, hairnet said:

its suffolk so tractor or xr3i cabrio :D (so close to essix it hurts :P )

It is insured for road use and taxed, but while the brakes were never great they are now more or less non existent!

I have taken it to the pub in the past!

KIF_0566 broad.jpg

23 hours ago, Ghosty said:

In. Not sure what I'll be bringing, but I know the Jag is habitable, so to speak. 

Well the guest bedroom suite of my tent will be available, even if I've got Eva she's not going to want to sleep on her own! 

On 11/3/2019 at 11:20 PM, thatsmacar said:

I have no idea what shift I will be working then and if I'm free I would love to join in the shenanigans.  Not sure if I'll bring the Almera or the bike?

I work there!  Please don't mention it again.

@trigger I might be able to help you if you need it.  I live in Ipsvitch.  All depends on bloody shifts.

I must work with you then?! I'm guessing your a port op?