UK Shitefest 2020 *Postponed*

trigger

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 8:45 PM, Philmanns said:

I’m up for bringing this old shiter along.

6DDC800D-7A7A-4BFC-BF03-D886CEC6489D.jpeg

we will even have an emergency services vehicle on hand to rush you (well @Mrsbrownnova !) to the maternity ward if needs must! :mrgreen:

(can you imagine if the ford timelord came up behind you at speed with the blues and twos wailing/going!)

Imma be there - fulfilling my 2001 dream of sleeping in a Sierra. 

Back in 2001 I had this unhinged idea of living off grid in a car. Found a lovely Sierra estate in willow - 1990 on a G - but went all mainstream and got a job and a flat and all the 21st century trappings I’ve come to despise. 

I’m in the Ipswich to Felixstowe rally in May too. Can’t wait. 

I'm planning on being there with my rather beige and heavy frame tent, but not necessarily for camping (not both nights anyway, if only to be able to bring along something different one day). Looking to have a 'tent of tat' i.e. old magazines, brochures and diecasts for sale.

I didn't get booked in on the Ipswich to Felixstowe Run, so I'll just be a spectator at the park.

On 2/18/2020 at 12:10 AM, stripped fred said:

I think I've already put my name down. I will have my son with me too, a shiter in the making. Do we pay on the day?

Yes please, that will be fine, it's only £5 a night unless your bringing a caravan and then it's only £10 anyway. There will be charge for the museum on the Saturday payable on arrival but, and I need to confirm details with my mate who's doing the tour but I think it will be around £5 each, if you like buses then you'll enjoy it! 

There's nothing planned for the Sunday but there is the Ipswich to Felixstowe run which people might like to spectate if they so wish. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 10:08 AM, rml2345 said:

Do we have to camp in an actual tent? If so I'll need to get one and then hide in the car anyway... 

I don't think the landlady is all that fussed really, it will probably be the same set up as Shitefest 2017 when we was at the Bubble car museum to be honest.

So it's now less than 2 months until this, I'm just checking to see that people are still interested and to get a rough idea on numbers for the museum visit.

I spoke to my mate there last night and he's basically being opening it up for us to exclusively, they will be some buses getting moved about for the show the next day but there is a strong chance that we'll get a ride out on this 1940 Dennis.

83674655_3949570988393723_4221339534933098496_o.thumb.jpg.61d1d96fceeab066611969b881f0320f.jpg

He's said a donation of £5 each towards the museum will cover admission which is cheaper than the usual entrance fee. but it's a good place to visit, especially so for the bus geeks amongst you all.

Saturday evening I'm still thinking about doing a car quiz inside the pub if there's enough interest, I'm happy to do it but if any of you fancies doing it more then I'm more than happy for you to do it!

I don't know if this is worth making a sticky on the front page yet?

Assuming it's in a field, so we can just camp there and save money?

I plan on sleeping in the picasso......or buying the worst tent i can find.

about a 4 and a half hour, 250 mile each way drive for me so it will be excellent