UK Shitefest 2020 *Postponed*

trigger

Yo! I've been nominated (many times) to organise a shitefest next year, considering i can't even organise my own life then this could be a challenge but I'm happy to try and arrange something if there enough interest?.

I've made enquiries at the Rose pub where we hold our East Coast Retro car meets on in Shotley near Ipswich, Suffolk (IP9 1NL) and she's more than happy for us to use the field over weekend for £5 per person per night if sleeping over, there are toilet facilities and the pub does good grub plus they have a large room for us to have a meal or maybe a quiz on the Saturday night?.

I've also spoken to a friend who's a volunteer at the Ipswich Transport Museum and even though the museum is closed to the public on a Saturday he can't see no reason why we can't have the museum to ourselves for a private tour around and even the possibility of a bus ride on one of their historic buses which I'm sure a few on here would really enjoy.

Now it's obviously early days yet but what i need to know roughly is how many of you shitters be interested in this and i need to give the pub a date as their field is getting booked up so that we can secure for our chosen weekend.

11 minutes ago, egg said:

Cheers Trigger. 3 way dilemma now, as mostly likely can do 1 from 3...

Shitefest 2020 = 121 miles
FoTU/FoD 2020 = 124 miles
Shitefest international = 350ish

Decisions, decisions!

I think FotU is up Leeds way next year, if their last facebook update is anything to go by.

11 minutes ago, Wingz123 said:

Is the Ipswich museum just old english chod or is there old Germanic chod there too (here's hoping....)

It's mostly British stuff, electric Sherpa van, Omega police car,  aTrident car then lots of old ex IBC buses.

Count me in for this one for sure! I really want to make it to a shitefest, so i'll be damned if I miss this one!

Im really hoping to have REV on the road, with a full driving licence by then and so I should be able to make it down without having to depend on anyone (although im not sure how overnighting is going to work out as I don't do tenting in a sleeping bag, I need something vaguely soft to sleep on!)

if I dont have REV on the road/a full licence by then im going to be very disappointed in myself!

Either works we me at the moment, but definitely up for this.

It's unlikely to ever be easier for me to get to than this, so I haven't got any excuse in not making it. Plus I have never been to the transport museum, so it's the perfect excuse to finally go there.