Lagunashite incoming...

kinkersaab

After 20 odd years of Subaru ownership I have decided its time for a change of daily.  After huge success in Laguna 2 ownership in the past* I decided a Laguna 3 was a good call. I don’t do diesel so that limits things. Anyhow this came my way today.  I have sold it twice over the  years and it’s now undesirable enough for me to want it.   Petrol manual with a timing chain. 100k and nearly out of mot.  A safe bet. £350  ^ huge success might not have been accurate. Rose tinted glasses etc. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

It does indeed have an ugly arse and is shockingly under wheeled.  Inside is lovely with lots of buttons. Everything seems to work.  It has that “fragile feeling” I find most moderns have where aesthetics are more important than solidity. However all said and done I quite like it.  Had it been a few grand I would not be so confident in its durability but no less so than any other modern complicated thing. I have done 100 miles this morning of mixed driving and archived 36 mpg ish. That’ll do.  I don’t think I will ever grow  to like the lack of feeling everything about modern cars give you but all in all I think it’s a keeper.  Will see how the mot fairs tomorrow.  

Diesels aside, I've been led to believe Renault put a bit of effort into this model Laguna in an attempt to rectify the damage done by the previous generation being a bit flaky. But the damage was already done and sales were poor.

This is great news as a buyer though as residuals are poor yet the car itself isn't bad, £350 for that is an absolute steal.

A set of bigger factory wheels and it would be quite the looker

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk