Proton Persona Diesel!

cms206

1 hour ago, Lacquer Peel said:

Ohh I can't believe it, I thought they were extinct. Great find.

Does it have a mechanical injection pump or a semi electronic one?

No idea I'm afraid to say, LP.

17 minutes ago, They_all_do_that_sir said:

Mpg seems a bit rubbish for a smoll diesel no?

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

My old 406 2.1DT used to do about 39 on the combined cycle and 48ish on a run, it had more power and higher gearing... expecting similar on a run from this.

My local Proton dealer (planning permission already in to flatten and a new Aldi built there) advised me to give the Persona a swerve due to parts availability and that was in 2004. 

My old taxi boss double shifted Persona petrols and they never went wrong. He refused to replace them with Wiras because apparently they have different engines?

9 hours ago, warren t claim said:

My local Proton dealer (planning permission already in to flatten and a new Aldi built there) advised me to give the Persona a swerve due to parts availability and that was in 2004. 

My old taxi boss double shifted Persona petrols and they never went wrong. He refused to replace them with Wiras because apparently they have different engines?

For some reason road tax on Wiras is insanely expensive post 2001, even the 1300 petrols are stupid to tax. Might be something like that.

The Gen2 Persona moved onto Proton's own CamPro engine which is apparantly great when it works but parts availability is virtually nil.

21 hours ago, warren t claim said:

A private hire firm called "Motorvation" based in East Nottingham, Carlton/Netherfield had plenty of Protons on its fleet, including diesels. They seemed to do the job. 

2 hours ago, Walter White said:

That's lovely. Clean and tidy. 

I have never sat in a Persona or Wira that wasn't a cab. Brings back memories of nights out 

Have you been busy? ????

What time you on til? ?

... both are sentences you can use with prozzies as well as taxi drivers.

The third I am reliably informed is "is it awrite if I eat ma kebab in here", and depending on the standard of lady, you can also use "Is there a boundary charge?".

2 minutes ago, cms206 said:

Today I spent more money on this... thing.

Four new Falken tyres fitted, £45ea for the piddly little 14in alloys which wasn't too shabby. The originals were FUCKED.

I feel your tyre related bum pain. I think I've just spent almost double that reshoeing a race horse. 

2 hours ago, cms206 said:

Today I spent more money on this... thing.

Four new Falken tyres fitted, £45ea for the piddly little 14in alloys which wasn't too shabby. The originals were FUCKED.

You bought the wrong tyres then. 25 quid a corner for Landsails on the carlton diesel in 15inch form. Perfect for a barge only just capable of propelling itself along the highways. 

Great car by the way. Colour is fucking horrendous. Great. 

Got to say that i love this....i bought one to use as my first private hire cab in Glasgow in 2001. R204BHT..same colour as yours. It was a 1.6 petrol and oh how they guys on the rank with their diesel vectras and 406's laughed. I was using more fuel....it wouldnt last the pace they said....well the wee car seen out at least 2 change of vehicles for these guys. Yes i may have spent slightly more on fuel...but it NEVER broke down! I had it until late in 2005 at which time it had done over 300k...had more hits than the Beatles but it still functioned perfectly as an car. I replaced it with a couple of Impians after that before moving on to drive hateful black hacks. I have a big soft spot for Proton cars...much jealousy for your new arrival. Enjoy!!