More stupidity - a collection

skattrd

Sit rep:
Home - knackered.

IMG_20191026_200210.thumb.jpg.904e287ae804bc9232d99034f21f9433.jpg

493 miles covered, so a little over the original sat nav estimate, this is due to a little diversion to meet The_Tourings.
It was good to catch up Neil, and thanks for the quick phone charge whilst I was there chaps.

Billeh: yes it should veg, but there are things to take in to account, "saddle" fuel tank and horrible little o rings in the fuel line which can dissolve in veg. Replacing the o rings with vitron ones used to be the solution, but its a fiddly pain in the arse job and would involve priming the fuel system afterwards. It took me ages to get my last one running again after changing the fuel filter and a couple of o rings, so it's something I'd rather not repeat. 

It goes quite well, all be it with the old school turbo and lag, although I think I am a little tired/numb to the driving by now so need to see what it's like again when I'm a little more with it. It definitely feels better than my last w202 c250TD did.

Faults:
Occasional knock coming from underneath the car. PO says prop-shaft donut or joint.
Wiper terrible, bordering on useless, needs new blade plus adjustment.
Front window switches flaky,.
Fag lighter inop.
Airbag light on - passenger seat occupancy sensor according to PO
Possibly needs a thermostat - it stayed at 80C most of the time, but did occasionally drop below, and got down to about 70C coming down the A66.

Nothing huge or fingers crossed too expensive/serious as the MOT is due in about 3 weeks.

On 10/26/2019 at 10:19 AM, wuvvum said:

You don't need sat nav.  A90/M90 to Edinburgh, A1 to Lincolnshire - piece of cake.

I generally do M80 towards Glasgow, then down the M74 and across the A66 to the A1, it's usually quicker.
I use the sat nav mainly for traffic updates, Waze (android app dunno about fruit phones) is pretty good at avoiding traffic.

On 10/26/2019 at 10:00 AM, xtriple said:

Cor! How much for the wheels then?

\rather like the car as well, very swish :) 

Cheers, I've got 2 or 3 sets of spare AMG alloys now. I need to decide which are staying and which are going as I've got a couple of Mercs these will fit … With work, jeep MOT next weekend plus the usual stuff it might take me a week or two to sort them out but I'll keep you posted.

They're staggered AMG 17" originally from a w204 if I read correctly. The wheels are pretty good condition but the rear tyres are borderline, fronts unsure atm.