Tech announcement...

Slartibartfast

#thanklesstask

Hope you two manage to get the back end sorted, 502s aside this site is holding up well and is more complex than it has been previously.

P.s. can we get rid of the LOGON PROBLEMS banner now? Anyone who was going to read it will have done.

Cool, I can stop clicking on it five times a day by mistake.  Thankyou!

Just need to get the "open first unread post" link to be the default for the topic header rather than just the tiny button next to the username which moves at the last minute when the page redraws making me click on the username of the last poster instead now :D

5 minutes ago, loserone said:

Cool, I can stop clicking on it five times a day by mistake.  Thankyou!

Just need to get the "open first unread post" link to be the default for the topic header rather than just the tiny button next to the username which moves at the last minute when the page redraws making me click on the username of the last poster instead now :D

There's a plugin to do that. I'll leave that task to New Me to take on, should it be deemed to be a good idea.

Might as well do that now... :-)

Wolf: thank you for all your efforts, without which the huge (and very necessary!) site update would not have happened in the planned and professional way that it did.

Shiters, please welcome @tobydto the Tech Basement.

Your doing better than the external company developing our site at work. 5 hours for a new deploy... We do our internal systems in 7 minutes! 

Then when it's up its nothing like UAT and every release gets about 7 bugs because their codebase isnt the same... 

Thank you @Slartibartfast for all the tech support you have provided for the forum! :) 

(now @tobyd is there any chance you could implement a plain text, text editor please? :) this rich text one is a PITA at times!)

luckily for the past month or 2 the 502s have been pretty much non existent for me

Just bumping this thread up....  The 502 "Your Flares are a bit cloudy mate..." seems to have all but vanished so whoever has been tweaking the Flux Capacitor seems to have it humming nicely now.

Take a screen grab of any settings you have changed and give yourself a pat on the back.

Then leave it alone :)

On 10/24/2019 at 3:20 PM, loserone said:

Not quite alone :)