The PMSL Nothing much to report . First fuel since March 29/05/20

320touring

Time for an update on this:

We are now 1500 miles into ownership, at an average of 29.5 mpg over the last 5 tanks.

Totals so far:

Purchase £300

Fuel £322

Service/repairs £0

Business allowance (income) -£44

Total £588, or 40p per mile.

Took it over the backroads from Kippen today as m80 was fucked. For context, this is a sinewy technical and tight B Road with poor surfaces and sheer drops.

It's no sports car, not even an SUV but I still managed to knock 6 mins off the 41 predicted by google.

Climbing hills was ok, but coming down was fun* trying to stop 2.25t from 60*

4 minutes ago, skattrd said:

I think we need to have a drag race with this and the cheap jeep.
If I start saving for the fuel to Crail I might have enough saved up by Easter ;)

No point, I've driven sufficient xj Cherokees with the 4.0 high output 6 to know they are a flying machine.

You're likely 40bhp up, and 500kg down

It'd be checked with a probe, but the limits are far more relaxed than they would be for a later car.  The similarly-aged Rover 45 I had went straight through the emissions with a missing cat - it still failed, but only because the cat was visibly absent (straight pipe).  If there'd been something on there that looked more cat-shaped it would have passed.

46 minutes ago, hairnet said:

straight pipe till mot then decide

light fingered  coonts 

It'll not see an MOT from me..

38 minutes ago, captain_70s said:

Well. That's wank.

I'm assuming a new cat is more than you paid for the car in the first place...

Seems to be between £80-170

Lots of second hand ones on eBay...

flat4 says pop down to jim dickson's in cumbernauld village, might be able to bend a bit of pipe for you to slide over the ends with some gunk... i know raceworkx in livingston can bend and fabricate anything and their master tech george is a mate... or see steve mccall at burnett motorsport in mollinsburn... piss easy with a pipe bender to fabricate

3 hours ago, Kiltox said:

The fuck was it worth stealing for if it’s only £80 to replace?!

Worth the risk if it's genuine. Genuine ones weigh in nicely because they contain a large amount of the correct high value metal that does the catylitic job (name escapes me). Cheap pattern ones are full of bum fluff and malteasers ?