Road Trip in a sub £300 Shiter. WCPGW?

Saabnut

I recently purchased a Saab off @cpjitservices of this parish as I don't* have enough Saabs. The princeley sum of 250 quid changed hands for a car with a weeks MOT, a few minor faults (all declared) and an assurance of "it will be fine". It certainly covered the 400 miles home in style and so a few minor things were fixed with a bit of time and a few parts from my stock. Tuesday it passed the MOT at the first time of asking so it went back home to be hooked onto this trailer once I had unhitched the 900 'vert.

IMG_0088.thumb.JPG.bef740eb403d2029e872143cc3b03644.JPG

250 miles later and the roller was delivered and the trailer returned to its owner.

A couple od days doing things at home followed before loading a set of Dolomite seats into it and Friday morning I left for Worksop. Saturday saw a meeting just outside Leicester before leaving around 5pm. A stop at Thurrock services saw the seats passed on to their new owner and on to the Chunnel. I was booked on the 10pm ish train, but all afternoon I was getting texts saying there was a 4 hour delay.  As I pulled in to the tunnel I received a text saying the delay was now running at 3.5 hours, and it was now 19:20, so was surprised when the automated ticket machine offered an earlier train at 9ish. Pulled into the car park, I had letter C and the board said delayed but showing 0620 Sunday morning! As I was thinking WTF a man in an orange jacket told me I could go round now! I did, usual quick checks at UK and French passport control and straight through and onto the train, which pulled out at 20:20, an hour and a half before my booked train! Bonus.

Drove down to about an hour past Rouen and pulled into an "Aire" for a bit of kip where I discovered the seats in a 9-5 estate fold flat unlike the 9-3 estate and the back is a couple of inches longer as well, so a good nights kip was had. Left about 0730 and was having lunch at ChezSaabnut.Fr

sIMG_0094.jpg.51e689a43318ad98f876184bbb40ed82.jpg

Since the MOT on Tuesday it has covered 1300 miles, averaged 48mpg solo, 35mpg towing, and so far has cost £25 for the MOT so stands me at £275. I am really liking this car so am now thinking this may be a keeper and the 9-3 can go.

Currently on my second bottle of red watching the darts. Life is good.

Love my 9-5. There is no practical reason for me to keep it (I'm out of the UK for 9 months a year) or to keep spending on it, but it's such a great car to drive with 300bhp and suspension and brakes to match.

Even though a saloon it's great to sleep in with the rear seats folded, head at the boot end.

If anyone knows of a LHD one for sale, I would be interested.