Pride & Joy

Shonky

I worked in Macrae and Dick when there were new, and some customers didn't like the whitewalls.. 12" if I remember. I had to flip the tyres round on the rims on the pdi.  Forever changing rear wheel bearings on them too, under warranty. I had a turquoise 5 door, a later one which was a great wee car, bought as trade. I do remember it didn't have much front end grip. All wheelspin and understeer.

55 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Can you still buy the whitewall tyres for these?

I think I have found potential options for whitewalls online. I have replaced all 4 tyres, though not with whitewalls unfortunately...I thought I only needed fronts initially but the rears were worse than I thought.

40 minutes ago, Barry Cade said:

I worked in Macrae and Dick when there were new, and some customers didn't like the whitewalls.. 12" if I remember. I had to flip the tyres round on the rims on the pdi.  Forever changing rear wheel bearings on them too, under warranty. I had a turquoise 5 door, a later one which was a great wee car, bought as trade. I do remember it didn't have much front end grip. All wheelspin and understeer.

Mine was really curious in that regard. It'd only covered 41k when I bought it last year, and the date stamp on the tyres supposedly suggested they were August 1993 (the car was registered on the 1st). So rather than just flipping the whitewalls, it appeared that they had different tyres put on entirely right after buying it?! They had no walls on either side.

I really fancy one of these heaps. Theres one on eBay at the moment that looks quite good but is VERY FAR AWAY and another on FB marketplace that is being sold by one of these 'testing the water' dickheads.

Theres also 2 sat festering out the back of the Kia dealers near me, I ought to go and see if they will let me have one.

4 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

I really fancy one of these heaps. Theres one on eBay at the moment that looks quite good but is VERY FAR AWAY and another on FB marketplace that is being sold by one of these 'testing the water' dickheads.

Theres also 2 sat festering out the back of the Kia dealers near me, I ought to go and see if they will let me have one.

What one is that on Marketplace then? I only know of the red 5 door on the bay.

Thoroughly recommended otherwise. So comfy for a little car and 45mpg+ everywhere.