Bluetooth Wireless OBD 2 reader....suggestions?

Wingz123

So I've found the app on my phone that connects to the car....just need suggestions on what wireless obd 2 thingy majigy that plugs into the obd port (I then pair this to my phone) people would recommend....

Car in question - Volvo 850 TDi

Just need to read exact mileage as the odometer has stopped working (common volvo problem where plastic gearing in clocks has broken - I have a replacement gear here just want to know the mileage to adjust to)

Unless anyone local can plug my car in and pull the true mileage off it? 

Location - Reading

Many thanks,

James

Are you using the "850 OBD" app? I tried a generic reader like the one suggested and the app wouldn't work with it.

The one they use on the app in America seems to be quite a bit more expensive than the generic ones we use. I paid a fortune, especially once postage was added, for one and it was completely dead on arrival. The seller made a derisory offer of a partial refund and I was too busy with work to chase it up, that seller is no longer on eBay so he must have been too much of a shyster even for them.

I then asked on the VOC forum and got a whole load of answers completely irrelevant to what I had asked, so I gave up on the idea. I know how many miles were lost on mine anyway, because I was there when it broke and I fixed it nine miles later, but I'd have been interested to see how much of a haircut the car had had in its early years.

My next step was going to be to ask somebody on the MVS forum to buy one, test it and send it over to me.

Tepper (the chap who bought Pete's brothers volvo v70 - you know that one that wouldn't rev out? And he is doing an engine swap on....).....he has the volvo diagnostic software on a laptop and is local to me......that would be able to pull the true mileage off the ecu wouldn't it? 

Thanks,

James