Once seen, can't be unseen

Cheggers

On 10/20/2019 at 7:44 PM, Tadhg Tiogar said:

They could have at least objected to their name being used to adorn a pile of shite.

I think it's pretty well documented that Italdesign had no input whatsoever in the Ital, er, design, and that they did indeed object most strongly to the disingenuous way it was marketed. I don't think BLARG went as far as actually claiming Italdesign had designed it, but - like Loewy and the Coke bottle, again, or Charbonneaux and the R16 - they made no effort to correct the mistake after it was first reported

24 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Hang on, I almost thought you'd said that a new, mainstream brand, family car didn't have opening rear windows. 

I think the C4 Cactus is the same, which is a shame as its the only modern car I quite like otherwise. Fortunately I don't have enough friends to carry rear seat passengers regularly

19 hours ago, Crackers said:

Bootlid height should NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES be lower than the bonnet line.

Nobody told ze germans this.

The latest (read anything built within last decade) generation of Mercs look droopy. They must assume that style is overrated or something. 

On 10/25/2019 at 5:58 PM, bunglebus said:

Got to disagree there, love the big overhangs - they'd look mighty strange with a wheel at each corner. The Factory Experimental cars got stranger. 

Your right that a wheel at each corner would look weird. But that gen Charger just needs them pushing a bit farther outboard to avoid it looking goofy in profile. I think 69 Dart is much better looking than the Charger because it has a more stubby nose . 2.jpg.bac813157abb1a1a4dbd6fa7fe4b189f.jpg

7 hours ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Why do they make cars look so aggressive these days? My OH's parents have a 19 reg Hyundai Tucson and that looks as though it wants to attack you. 

Given that the last model had versions called Warrior, Barbarian, Outlaw and Raging Bull , the new L200 was never going to be cuddly modern day Moggy Minor .

9 hours ago, Mrcento said:

It's the fog/sidelight arrangement that really gets me, it looks like an angry cross eyed squirrel that's storing its nuts for winter in its cheeks.

Or like it's had cheek implants.

Hideous.

Maybe it was designed by an angry squirrel that was fussing about it's winter nuts rather putting full mind on the job.

1 hour ago, Tim_E said:

Maybe it was designed by an angry squirrel that was fussing about it's winter nuts rather putting full mind on the job.

Quite possibly, I have heard that following Brexit a load of Grey squirrels will be emigrating to Japan to take up work as car designers :lol:

• 4 weeks later...