MG Express

The Old Bloke Next Door

Continued from  Shite For Sale,       https://autoshite.com/topic/37952-mg-express-td-van-sold/

I've done about 30 miles in it today, first impressions are good overall.

Took a bit of cranking to start cold, as mentioned  in the original advert.  drives, pulls and stops well, a few rattles to sort, changes gear  ok, alloys look in good nick, interior is quite tidy.

Will get it on my ramp next week for a look underneath then put through a mot next month.

Up dates as and when.

DSC_0103 (3).jpg

Nice one! This is my uncle's example. Getting a bit ratty round the edges and he keeps muttering about getting rid of it after fifteen or so years but I don't know whether he's serious. There was another blue one locally until a few years ago and there's a Rover van mouldering on a driveway in the next village that I must get a picture of one day but I haven't seen any others round this way in a long time. 

IMG_20190922_102943.jpg

V5 arrived today, that was quick, these must be popular, 10 previous owners and an inquiry asking if it was for sale.

Gave it two heats on the glow plugs cold this morning, noticeably quicker to start than yesterday.

Checked the condition of the spare wheel which is a space saver, it looks ok, but they are one of my pet dislikes, so had a look on eBay for a matching alloy. Only one local to me has been badly curbed and asking price £30. It looks like it might be difficult to fit a full size wheel in the tyre well as the steel framework that supports the floor may get in the way.

However I have a full set of  alloys and tyres on the ex red5  ZS which is currently awaiting a visit from my tame mechanic to fix a failure to proceed. It looks like the 16 inch rims off that will fit the van and there will be more room to clear the floor frame, a job for next week.

Had a general  look at the van for a mot, might be able to get away with an advisory on the one sill, awaiting mechanics verdict next week. 

Interior is in reasonable condition for the age and mileage, should clean up well with a little  tlc.

Overall, still very pleased with it, a very good buy.

More as and when.

DSC_0105 (2).jpg

DSC_0106 (2).jpg

DSC_0107 (2).jpg

DSC_0108 (2).jpg