Best looking saloon cars on the road today.

DaveDorson

• 2 years later...

Bump! Waiting for a bus yesterday I spotted a silver Toyota Camry hybrid saloon being used as a taxi. 

However, I really like the styling and profile of it's smaller counterpart Corolla. :) One of these would suit me to a tee. Shame that the older ones are still the thick end of £20k secondhand.

Image 1 of 27

Corolla 1.8 hybrid for sale £27k.

Ah yes, I have a pic of one on my flickr photostream:

Toyota Corolla Hybrid saloon/sedan (1)Toyota Corolla Hybrid saloon/sedan (2)

10 minutes ago, ProgRocker said:

Bump! Waiting for a bus yesterday I spotted a silver Toyota Camry hybrid saloon being used as a taxi. 

However, I really like the styling and profile of it's smaller counterpart Corolla. :) One of these would suit me to a tee. Shame that the older ones are still the thick end of £20k secondhand.

Image 1 of 27

Corolla 1.8 hybrid for sale £27k.

Ah yes, I have a pic of one on my flickr photostream:

Toyota Corolla Hybrid saloon/sedan (1)Toyota Corolla Hybrid saloon/sedan (2)

Nicely resolved design. Imported from Turkey IIRC, so the spec was worse than UK made hatch and estates. Sold hardly any and got dropped beginning of the year.

If I had to nominate ... VW Bora.

image.thumb.png.6eae2a801b7bf2e46fb6751bc72db501.png

1 minute ago, Magic said:

Nicely resolved design. Imported from Turkey IIRC, so the spec was worse than UK made hatch and estates. Sold hardly any and got dropped beginning of the year.

If I had to nominate ... VW Bora.

I had a look at the Toyota website and to my dismay discovered that the saloon had been dropped.

The Bora is a good choice. VW did a good job shaving off the chunkiness of the mark 4 Golf's styling with this. :)