Best looking saloon cars on the road today.

DaveDorson

4 hours ago, DaveDorson said:

What does the shite-mind think is the best looking saloon on the road today.

Well shite-minders are looking at something at yr-10 with 120k I reckons.  So that's Tagoras right out.

159 it is, then,

2 hours ago, Garythesnail said:

Deaf ears, Crackers - I own a MKII MGZS . . . you've seen the fat arse on one of those, haven't you?

BMR-0404-1539-1024x766.jpg

Looks a million times better than that awful CLA. For a start, it doesn't look like it's been heated up with a hairdryer and sat on by an overweight bovine. 

6 hours ago, 320touring said:

Basically, no one cares about the saloons;)

V90 is a handsome bastard, as is the 159 sportwagon.

It's all about the estates chaps, all about the estates.

Although if forced to buy a saloon..

An xfR please

I've already got an estate but now I have a van, it's sort of redundant.

5 hours ago, Fabergé Greggs said:

Not only are these all totally gopping (DS notwithstanding), but what is the actual flipping point of a saloon car? 

Don’t you ever carry something bigger than a briefcase?

This, which is why it's important to remember the 508 is a hatchback.  It's just a shame they all come with tiny shit engines and have electric steering

7 hours ago, Fabergé Greggs said:

Not only are these all totally gopping (DS notwithstanding), but what is the actual flipping point of a saloon car? 

Don’t you ever carry something bigger than a briefcase?

I tend to carry shopping, myself, the wife, and perhaps a few friends.  My commute I carry my laptop bag.

I've a van for the other stuff.

DS Aside, I don't really find anything else remotely enticing I'm afraid.

Yes, it's shallow, but I really like the way the Alfa looks, I like the interiors, and I quite like the way they drive truth be told.  Granted the 156 drives a bit better, but its also a bit more long in the tooth.

I did snoop at the Rover 820 for sale, if I wanted something I couldn't just jump in and drive to work every day, without worrying about a hard to find spare part failing on me, then I'd be more tempted, but I'd still envy the chap in the 159.

On 10/15/2019 at 10:59 PM, Cavcraft said:

159 aside, the others are I'm afraid absolutely gopping, especially that Audi.

On 10/15/2019 at 11:46 PM, strangeangel said:

On the road today, you say?

Citroen-DS-23-Pallas-1973-3.jpg

1316624323_GreenPA.thumb.jpg.b9dc1eba5c4c61581d5dcbbc7ca30c62.jpg

Strangeangel, you were soooooooooooo close!  I'd pay very good money for this over anything built since, including Huggy!

Fastest? No

Most economical? No

Best handling at speed? No

Most comfortable on a long trip? No

Survival rate in a crash? Nil

BUT!  Just look at the damn thing.  Every time - literally every time - you stepped out of your front door to go somewhere, you would wear a grin you couldn't wash off with turps.  This thread is about the best-looking car, right?  We've just seen both contenders.  There are no others.

13 hours ago, Stevebrookman said:

Same for me. A cracking looking car. I’ll have one when they drop to a grand.

I have seen, relatively, quite a few of these - it looks quite different to all the drab SUV's that have become completely taken over everywhere, perhaps this is the first of a step change back to sarooooons? (We can only hope....) 

Interesting that Peugeot styling seems to have sorted itself out, after years of fuck awful blobs. 

45 minutes ago, MrSchwifty said:

I have seen, relatively, quite a few of these - it looks quite different to all the drab SUV's that have become completely taken over everywhere, perhaps this is the first of a step change back to sarooooons? (We can only hope....) 

Interesting that Peugeot styling seems to have sorted itself out, after years of fuck awful blobs. 

I bought a 3 year old 406 1.8 many years ago. One of the best cars I’ve ever had-super comfortable, totally reliable and superb to drive. I think this was Peugeot’s Vauxhall Cavalier mark 3. Never bettered by following models.