Best looking saloon cars on the road today.

DaveDorson

I'm musing.  It's that time of year when I start to think about buying something stupid, even though the car I'm using is perfectly fine.

My recent adventures with an Alfa MiTo have got me looking at "what else" could I get for the same sort of money.

Right now, I'm being very tempted by an Alfa 159, which I think is possibly the best looking saloon car on the road today.Alfa-Romeo-159-Q4-32-V6-car-currently.jp

I mean Christ, just look at the magnificent bastard of a thing.

What does the shite-mind think is the best looking saloon on the road today.

21 minutes ago, DVee8 said:

Audi A3 saloon, I think the proportions of these are just right.

This. 

Smallish saloons always appear better proportioned to my eyes and it's a shame that there are so few of them in the UK. I'm sure most would find something like the A3 'too small for a family' or 'not practical because it doesn't have a hatchback'.

Here's another - modern Mercs don't really float my boat but have been quite taken by a red CLA parked up close to my place of work.

2017-mercedes-cla-facelift_827x510_61461

Mercedes have now confused the matter further by introducing an A class saloon - don't know if this is 'instead of' or 'in addition to' this apparently new saloon 

mercedes_cla_vs_a-saloon_3.jpg?mode=max&

Edited to add an old photo of an old, smallish, well-proportioned saloon. I may* have a similar one at my disposal.

mg-zs-pictures-11226.jpg

Edited by Garythesnail
Personal bias

2 hours ago, DaveDorson said:

I'm musing.  It's that time of year when I start to think about buying something stupid, even though the car I'm using is perfectly fine.

My recent adventures with an Alfa MiTo have got me looking at "what else" could I get for the same sort of money.

Right now, I'm being very tempted by an Alfa 159, which I think is possibly the best looking saloon car on the road today.Alfa-Romeo-159-Q4-32-V6-car-currently.jp

I mean Christ, just look at the magnificent bastard of a thing.

What does the shite-mind think is the best looking saloon on the road today.

Not only is it a nice shape, it also has a face that says, "fuck off out a ma fucking way" in a Glaswegen accent. 

And it would never need to  tale  gate, because people would pull into laybys to let it past. 

That's an easy contest in my view...This wins hands down in my book.

IMG_20180226_225221.thumb.jpg.0607c3e69f2ff7982794745619d8fe9f.jpg

IMG_20180220_092340.thumb.jpg.26adb679580629179cdb6f7202e4da75.jpg

Never would have put it to Kia to pull off "badass" in car design, but they've done it.  It looks like a 21st century muscle car...Which is exactly what they were going for I think.

Got to be a bright colour though.

17 minutes ago, DVee8 said:

Not being pedantic,but ain't that Kia a hatchback.

Tis nice I was a couple of cars behind one yesterday it had 4 exhaust pipes..

Oops.  That's what I get for not properly reading the topic...My brain just interpreted it as "car" rather than being specific about body style.

The only criticism of that demonstrator we had was that the interior desperately needed a bit of colour.  We reckoned that some yellow piping or stitching on the seats would really have lifted it to another level.  Exhaust note is too muted for a V6 too - though that's more down to the rules and regulations these days than the choice of the manufacturer I'm sure...and isn't anything you couldn't get sorted in short order by getting a custom system made.

Fit, finish and build felt easily on par with the Germans from a passenger's perspective.