A Datsun for sale

Torsten2001

They're not that dull! Fairly early, looks like it's the slightly more basic trim as they usually have chrome wheel caps. I like the way the fastback estate changes the look of them, the saloon appears to sit completely differently.That one was for sale in the Auto Trader back in February.

I like, my parents used to have one and it was amazingly reliable, refined and quick (1.5 powah) after several years of a 1.3 Shuvit. It rusted itself to bits though - the suspension mounts first, then the sills turned to powder.This one doesn't seem that rusty, looks a good 'un. Is it a 1.3 or 1.5, and does it have the brown interior?

SL, you're right! These people bought it, their car was nicked so they bought this from the Autotrader on the same day, any idea how much it was up for?It's a two owner car, previous one died and it was garaged it's whole life, biege with biege trim, LW/MW push button radio, 1.5, the hatchback doesn't lock so it opens with a wire and the hatchback door card is missing, the rear wobbles when driving which I put down to bushes (?) but it is strikingly original and honestly rust free!

Questions re. the Datsun....1) Is "1.5" in the cheaper tax bracket?2) Would that have a 5-speeder in it?Would make an eggs sell ant "survey wagon".

To elaborate on Torsten's answer, yes on both counts. Think they're 1488cc, and definitely 5-speed. In fact they have ludicrously tall gearing, even 4th is an overdrive ratio.Good idea Pog, longish but not tall loadbay would be ideal for survey gear, should be vaguely economical, and it's beige.

Ta Mr 1725, Leicester area?

Yes its a garage at burbage-Leicestershire. (Near hinckley-junction 1 m69). If you check thread link in my answer above there was a Nissan Blubird for sale too :)

I went to see this the other night but was hugely underwhelmed, the guy wants £350 ono, certainly no less than £300, Tax and MOT until December zzzzzzzzzz

Posted Image

Anyone?

I prefer the style that has large horizontal rear lights which are wide enough to meet the number plate in the middle. Seems to be rarer like that.

There are so many Datsun estate variations! :shock:

• 3 months later...