2019 NEC Classic motor show 8-10 November

DVee8

I try to go every other year, so as I didn’t go last year it’s my year to go! Will try and potter along with Mrs_b and junior_b. 

One year we should really do an AS stand. 

I’m thinking Yugo 45, Umm Alter II, Sao Penza and Sierra bAse. Maybe one of the forum bikes too... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 6:52 PM, HMC said:

A slightly more subversive (and selective) approach might be to stick a few cards under wipers of those vehicles meeting the strict* and rigourous* standards  of taste, style, engineering merit* and condition we all apply to our own fleets. 

Years and years ago I popped a few cards under windscreens at the show trying to sell some of my old motors and got told off - you might get told off too! 

2 hours ago, inconsistant said:

I'll hopefully be on the 924 Owners Club stand on the Saturday if anyone wants to pop by and reel off a few cliches. We're usually in the posh hall so do try to look smart.

I'll try to pop by and say hello.

Booked the car parking yesterday at  £12.00

On 10/21/2019 at 8:15 AM, DVee8 said:

My tickets arrived on Friday.

I have been looking at parking costs,NEC £16 on the day £12 if booked in advance. The train station £12.00.

Has anyone got there tickets? anyone else going?

Still undecided here ?

The best way to view this show is to help on a club stand and get in on setup day (Thursday). Its great to walk round empty halls looking at the cars as the stands are being built.

I have on a couple of occasions just walked in wearing a hi-viz vest and looking like im supposed to be there on a Thursday without being questioned.

On 10/28/2019 at 6:19 PM, RobT said:

I'm going to the restoration show at Shepton Mallet instead, as my car fix before the season ends.  Can't be arsed with the NEC crowds.

https://www.footmanjames.co.uk/classic-car-bike-events/footman-james-classic-vehicle-restoration-show-2019

I went to this today. Not a patch on the winter NEC show. Pretty much got around the whole show in 40 mins. Decent selection of cars in the classic bit parked up though. Will dump some pictures in a thread later.