4. Monsieur Le Hairnet
5. Bangernomics
6. Chodweaver
7. davidfowler2000
8. chaseracer
9. Heidel Kakao
10. HMC
11. mat_the_cat

France, wine, (likely) nice weather - how can I say no? I'd better make sure I fit AC to the Stellar first though, otherwise I'll only be travelling under the cover of darkness!

On 10/3/2019 at 11:02 PM, Saabnut said:

I have mentioned this to a few shiters over the year and there seems to be some interest so I thought I would make it happen. It also gets the date into the AS Calendar before anything else gets organised for the same weekend.

The location is half way between Lemans and Tours in Sarthe, Pays de Loire, France, approx 300 miles and 5 hours from Calais, or 120 miles and 2.5 hours from Caen. The date of 3-5 July is the Lemans Classic weekend, where there are great cars on track (where else will you see pre-war Bentleys power sliding and GT40s with glowing brake discs at night) and the car park is probably the biggest and best classic car show in Europe. The AS site is about 25 mins drive from the circuit, with easy access.

The format is basically whatever you want it to be. The AS base will be at my place in France that a few shiters have visited. I am afraid the bedrooms are already booked, but there is 6 acres of level camping ground,  We will be travelling down from West Sussex via the tunnel and a combination of peage and back roads in a convoy of classics. You are welcome to join the convoy at any point or meet at the venue. We will travel down probably Thursday 2nd and most will return Monday 6th, but some will stay on for a week or two and you are welcome to stay on if you wish. The nearest bar is about 1km away, but 3km away is the famous "Hotel de France" in La Chatre sur le Loir (google it). You do not have to attend the Lemans Classic, if you would rather sit and drink beer (hopefully in the sun) that is fine.

It will be up to the individuals to organise ferry/tunnel etc and getting there, I can provide camping ground, bogs, showers and a fridge for the beer. No commitment required especially at this stage, If you fancy a foreign trip with your chod, put your name down on the list. Nearer the time those still interested will get further details and the hidden location by PM. If anyone would prefer a B&B obviously they are in high demand around the classic, but I have a few contacts and could possibly find a room or two, but they would need to be booked fairly soon. No booking for camping is required.

To give you an idea, whilst nothing is yet confirmed, the convoy down is likely to include a Gordon Keeble, a Rolls Royce 20/25, a Westfield, a Mk2 Jag and a Fiesta 1100. It will not be a fast convoy......

Oooh La La, I'll help destroy the French wine lake

1. Saabnut

2. Inspector Morose

3. Northern Monkey

4. Monsieur Le Hairnet

5. Bangernomics

6. Chodweaver

12 hours ago, trigger said:

As a sidenote i have an idea about a UK Shitefest in East Anglia if there's enough interest, I'll need to have a chat with someone first though to confirm if it's a goer.

One in east angular is probably more viable for me; again it depends on dates and I won't know until the beginning of 2020.

A kind and interesting offer is this.

Can easily get a train Ashford-Lille (1 hour) and then Lille-Le Mans (2.5 hours) with a gap inbetween for brunch.

Buy local chod.

Drive to Saabnut's house and fettle.

Then drive home.

Gives me something to think about on the long winter evenings :-)

49 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

One in east angular is probably more viable for me; again it depends on dates and I won't know until the beginning of 2020.

We have our car meets at a pub in Shotley near Ipswich, it has a large field and it's often used for camping. If the land lady is happy then we probably could have it Friday-Sunday and I might be able to arrange a visit to the Ipswich Transport museum on the Saturday too, they sometimes even lay a bus ride on also in one of their vintage buses.

Just something I was thinking about if there's enough interest and if I can get the pub and museum onboard.

5 hours ago, trigger said:

We have our car meets at a pub in Shotley near Ipswich, it has a large field and it's often used for camping. If the land lady is happy then we probably could have it Friday-Sunday and I might be able to arrange a visit to the Ipswich Transport museum on the Saturday too, they sometimes even lay a bus ride on also in one of their vintage buses.

Just something I was thinking about if there's enough interest and if I can get the pub and museum onboard.

I'd be well up for that.

On 10/4/2019 at 11:33 AM, Crackers said:

This is an extremely attractive prospect, even for a new shiter, but I refuse point blank to do tenting. That get absolutely get in the bin.

I also have absolutely no idea what I'll be doing around those dates,

You and me both, I did 4 nights at the IOM TT and it was hell , I'd like to say it was as bad as I was expecting but it was worse , much worse.

Although all male i really wasn't expecting communal rugby club showers , I managed to find a private spot but walking back into the main dressing room and seeing a guy standing there bollock naked with a c@#k like it belonged on a donkey is a sight I'll never forget.

I was up at 5am day 2 

2 minutes ago, Wack said:

You and me both, I did 4 nights at the IOM TT and it was hell , I'd like to say it was as bad as I was expecting but it was worse , much worse.

Although all male i really wasn't expecting communal rugby club showers , I managed to find a private spot but walking back into the main dressing room and seeing a guy standing there bollock naked with a c@#k like it belonged on a donkey is a sight I'll never forget.

I was up at 5am day 2 

That would be enough to make me take up caravanning, and that's not something I say lightly. Because fuck caravans.

1. Saabnut
2. Inspector Morose
3. Northern Monkey
4. Monsieur Le Hairnet
5. Bangernomics
6. Chodweaver
7. davidfowler2000
8. chaseracer
9. Heidel Kakao
10. HMC
11. mat_the_cat

12. cms206

Very much a pencilled in just now but I shall do my utmost... choice of Stellars, Montego or Council Estate complete with Townsend Thoresen GB sticker?