1. clayts450

clayts450

2. rml2345

rml2345

3. Tickman

Tickman

• Similar Content

• By spartacus
      Our collection story begins 21 years ago, the lovely Mrs Spart had just passed her test at the tender age of 17 and bought her first car, like most first cars it left a lasting impression. Unfortunately, as is often the way, life and finances took over and it had to go.
      Fast forward to a couple of months ago and while idly browsing one evening Mrs Spart entered the reg number of the car in question. Unbelievably, not only is it still on the road but it's for sale! 
      After a bit of a false start from myself, making contact with the seller, then him inexplicably not answering calls, texts or emails, Mrs Spart takes matters into her own hands. The seller is much more forthcoming and we make a date to view and potentially collect. That date is tomorrow!
      I've hired a flatbed trailer from a local company in Worksop and we're currently bedded down for the night in Alnwick, en-route to the land of the SVM, specifically, Perth. 
      For those in the mood for a guessing game I'll not reveal the model of car until tomorrow but suffice to say, it shares one particular part, at least very closely in design, with my LDV Convoy camper tow vehicle.
      Here we are just leaving Halfords in Worksop, as I forgot to take a rear plate to the trailer hire place. The man in Halfords was very helpful, bearing in mind the regulations regarding having a plate made. I was able to locate my insurance details on my phone and he used that info and my driving licence to whip up a rear plate.
      I note that according to davidfowler2000 that this collection is classed as 'close', it'll total 600+miles, so it's going to be enough for one weekend!

• By Tim_E
      It is car shopping eve.
      I've done the important research, namely look at past live collection capers.
      And found a suitable car (here's hoping I do/don't win the Gallant steed roffle)
      I have a lift in a shittier car than one to be viewed sorted, a rendezvous with the seller (not autoshite member I don't think)
      Buy criteria: If it's not a total shitbox and if I think it will get me to where I need to be for the next week or so while my BMW is being fettled with then it will be a buy.
      Live collection caper criteria as laid out by @Jim Bell on a previous collection caper:
      "Collection thread tick list.

Breakfast pic
      Car pic
      Petrol station pic
      Woolard pic
      (And for bonus points)
      Pic of a dog
      A pic of a car worse than the one you're collecting. "
      I also believe a poo count is normally required. Does that requirement also include photo of results?
      I will be travelling with a dog more than likely in a shit car. Not sure what a woolard is to take a pic though.
      This thread will have the added live excitement that if when I get there and the guy is trying to sell me a nail I have to reject it and start again!
      This is my first buy since being on this forum so if I go off piste feel free to shit-post. Anyway it's nearly 11 at night car-shopping-eve so I am going to get some shut-eye (as much as one can with a 10-month-old who hates sleeping) so if my cunning plan to sleep is interloped upon by said plentyn (thats wain in Scotts, bairn in North Eastern and child-faced daemon in Englandshire-ish) I'll here reading posts no doubt. See you all in a minute then.
    • By Jerzy Woking
      In a more essential trip than Mr Cummings, I am off to collect a car. Been in isolation for about  8 weeks now, so flame me if you must. Masks, gloves and sanatiser packed as my journey essentials
      Taxi to the station (no buses).
      Now on the train to London, on which I have a carriage all to mysellf

• By stereotype
      Heading south on an empty stomach because honestly I just forgot to eat again. Making use of the stupid economic power of the Xantia and the extra hands of Father Tickman.

Off we go...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• By stereotype
      @TheMokritehas not eaten. I have had one Pringle. He may have bought shite. Heading South... About 2 minutes in car.
      May have to jump it of Fleur but remains to be seen...